Need wire wheels for early 1930 Dodge DD

dodgedh2

Hello David,

I believe what you are looking for is a 19" Budd wheel (five bolt hole) with the chrome plated lock ring.

They might be 19 inch. I haven't looked them up in the parts book, I'm only going by the markings on the tire (which are so weather checked that it's hard to read). I need three of them (what ever they are). I have some of the later wire wheels ('30-'31) however, they won't fit over the hub, and they don't look as nice as the originals with the locking ring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello Guys,

This picture might assist you all in locating some wheels for David. These wheels were not used by any other car according to the 1939 Hollander Interchange Manual. There was very few DD-6 cars ever equipped with these wheels.

Yes, thanks Dave. These are VERY hard to find. This car had all the wheels, however, while in storage, three of them were stolen (prior to me obtaining the car). I'd like to find the original type, however, it's beginning to look like I will have to change the hubs and put on a set of the later 30-31 wire wheels. I still hope to someday find enough of the propoer wheels to put this buetiful car back to original.

Edited by dodgedh2 (see edit history)

• 7 months later...
Guest Robert McNeil
Bump to top. I'm still searching for the correct early DD wire wheels. Hoping someone can eventually lead me to some.

Hello I have a Pair of 19 by 3 split rim Motor Wheels, bolt pattern 5 on 5 1/2, made in 1929 or 1930, fit several makes of cars. There are also 4 more at an old shop, where I got the originals. I think these might be close, I have two wheel cataloges, but many details. If you would like to talk, Bob at 303 795 0203 Thanks. Familiar with DC-8 6 hole wheels, and 1931 Mopar 19 inch Budds. Also have some 1932 18 inch Budds, 5 on 5, for Dodge Plymouth DeSoto and Chrysler. And 1933 17 inch wires for Dodge and Plymouth. 5 on 4 1/2./ Thanks.

Hello I have a Pair of 19 by 3 split rim Motor Wheels, bolt pattern 5 on 5 1/2, made in 1929 or 1930, fit several makes of cars. There are also 4 more at an old shop, where I got the originals. I think these might be close, I have two wheel cataloges, but many details. If you would like to talk, Bob at 303 795 0203 Thanks. Familiar with DC-8 6 hole wheels, and 1931 Mopar 19 inch Budds. Also have some 1932 18 inch Budds, 5 on 5, for Dodge Plymouth DeSoto and Chrysler. And 1933 17 inch wires for Dodge and Plymouth. 5 on 4 1/2./ Thanks.

Can you email me some pics? I have run into many wheels that have the same bolt pattern, however, the hub size prevents using them. The original wheels have a large hub section and I really need to get some original wheels to fit properly.

Guest Robert McNeil
Can you email me some pics? I have run into many wheels that have the same bolt pattern, however, the hub size prevents using them. The original wheels have a large hub section and I really need to get some original wheels to fit properly.

Center hole is 3 3/8 inches, these take a 19 inch tire, 3 inch wide tube, split rim, 40 spoke, 7 inch hubcap hole, 10.25 diameter back of hub, 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern, wheel studs 5/8 inch diameter. Weigh 25 lbs each Bob 303 795 0203 post-64951-143142356838_thumb.jpg

post-64951-143142356847_thumb.jpg

post-64951-143142356857_thumb.jpg

post-64951-143142356866_thumb.jpg

Hello David,

Thought I'd re-post that picture of the early DD-6 wire wheel, I purchased a DD-6 sedan awhile back to keep it away from the evil ones and now I am looking for six of these wheels (fat chance). Hope this helps.

DC-8Dave

Thanks Dave. haven't talked in a while. I appreciate your help. I'd really like to keep the origianl wheels, but if I don't find any, I'll have to switch the hubs and put on the late '30 wheels. I really like the look of the early wheels, but you can't go down the road with at least 4 wheels.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Following the Dodge 100th, does anyone have any leads to some of these wheels? Hoping that people may have been digging through their parts stash and maybe found some????

With everything else (work, family, etc...) I have going on along with the 114 degrees here today (worse than it sounds...monsoons and high humidity/dewpoint are killers now, literally) it makes it very difficult to have play time in the desert. Once the heat lets up I'm hoping to make a road trip to the yard to search again. Unfortunately it could be a couple of months but I promise to do my best and have plenty of notes along with photos and a strong desire to help so I definitely haven't forgotten about anyone. As I said, I love doing it and look forward to the challenge of finding something so rare for you and hopefully for Dave H. also!

I have quite a few guys that I'm trying to help on this board and elsewhere so I'll need a full day (or should I say week) to spend out there so bear with me and I'll do what I can on my end when I can. If you find someone else who locates some in the meantime let me know ahead of time if you would.

I have your flyer in hand and ready to dig as soon as I can. I still have parts at the yard that I paid for already that I couldn't fit that I need to retrieve from my last trip but the rust pile isn't going anywhere soon...

Some of you other guys should recognize your parts you need that I'll be searching for also, and I hope this answers any questions you may have. Here is a short list of other parts I'll be trying to locate for others on the same trips out:

Stewart Fuel Vac Model# 403.

6 of the same Budd Wire Spoke Wheels #20571.

Another needs a dash/dummy door out of a 36.

Several guys from East Coast to West Coast are in need of a good 36 grill and I have all 3 gentleman prioritized by when they contacted me.

Another needs windshield frame, crank outs, solid doors, and other misc parts for 36/37 1/2 ton trucks.

Another may need a DA wheel hub.

Front dash and front fenders for 36 truck.

And the list goes on.....these are just some of the examples of what I have on file in my "parts needed notebook" so I am excited and ready to go when I can.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)