What should i sell my 1990 buick reatta for? And where can i find a buyer?

Guest newbieEl

Guest newbieEl

Hello I have a 1990 Buick reatta hard top Red/Red she runs strong and looks great . Olney problems are chipped paint, worn interior and the dash doesn't work.my grandfather gave it to me and I love the car but I am 25 and need something a little more reliable.If you have any advice it would be much aprisheated thank you much =)

Welcome! Where is the car located? While these were expensive cars 23 years ago, the market hasn't been kind, especially to a car with challenges. Do you have any idea of how many miles are on it? Fill out the above form and we can give you a better idea of what to expect. Your dilemma will be that us Reattaphiles love these cars but we are also painfully aware of what the market is for them. While Buick only made about 24,000 of them over the 4 years of production, rare doesn't mean money. Also yours is a '90 which is the most common in one of the most common colors. Not trying to discourage you, just injecting some reality.

Hello I have a 1990 Buick reatta hard top Red/Red she runs strong and looks great . Olney problems are chipped paint, worn interior and the dash doesn't work.my grandfather gave it to me and I love the car but I am 25 and need something a little more reliable.If you have any advice it would be much aprisheated thank you much =)

Welcome! I will make a suggestion to you: Keep the Reatta! You said you needed something "more reliable". A Reatta taken care of or maintained can be just as reliable as a new car, except a Reatta will have cheaper insurance and cheaper maintenance costs. I just bought my 89 and I love it! (and it looks like I am a year younger than you!) It gets a lot of looks and there is a great Reatta Community out here. the 3800 V6 is an amazing engine with great fuel economy and the power is not bad (if maintained). I have owned 2 Buick Lesabres (my dearly departed 1989 2 door coupe and my 1991 4 door that I still have), my sister has a 1989 Park Avenue and I have this Reatta all with the 3800. What exactly were you thinking of purchasing to replace the Reatta?

While some here think they have super-powers, we are not very good at guessing a cars value without more information.

Do you have any mechanical/electrical skills or even the ambition to keep this car running?

These cars are pretty much trouble free thru 100,000 miles. The quality of the paint and interior means they ofter look very good at 100K miles.

The cars history and maintenance given to it by it previous owners have a lot to do with how they survive.

The engines are good for 200K + miles, transmissions also do well, very few have failures. The instrument panel can be replaced with a used one or rebuild at a cost of around $100. Interiors parts are available...... see the post from the fellow from Alabama....maybe you can buy interior parts from him that he is removing. Also using his suggestion you could do some creative work with Plasti-coat to hide the paint problems.

Post some pictures of the car......exterior and interior so we can see the problems. Also consider this...... if you sell the car for $3000, what are you going to buy? Can you purchase another "better" car for $3,000 or will you need to add $$$ to make another purchase?

Finally.......maybe you are just not a Reatta person and have your heart set on a Toyota.