Auction treasure find

rocketraider

Picked up a fascinating book at auction tonight- "The Complete Encyclopedia of Motorcars 1885 to the Present" edited by G. N. Georgano and printed in Great Britain, 1970.

The book covers every make of car produced in the world up to that point and has comprehensive info on many cars I've never heard of.

Anyone else seen or own this book?

Looks like there are enough out there and available at a very reasonable price if used suits you....

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: The Complete Encyclopedia of Motorcars: 1885 to the Present

The Complete Encyclopedia of Motorcars 1885 to the Present | eBay

:cool: Dandy Dave!

Marty, you did better than I did. I paid $12.50 plus premium and tax for the book plus a Consumer Guide "Cars of the 60s"- which I already had, but when they start bundling stuff together toward end of auction to move it...

In the Amazon and Ebay links, looks like there are several different dust jackets. Mine has an ivory jacket with Model T and is a "fourth impression, June 1970" "First impression" was September 68, 2nd Jan 1969, 3rd July 1969. So looks like the book was popular enough when printed to go thru three printings in a year and a half. Bound to think there may have been updates and more printings thru the years too.

If any of you have an Ollie's Bargain Outlet nearby, you can sometimes find neat car-related books in there. Be warned that some are not very accurate...

Guest Texas Old Car Guy
Dave,

Thanks for the link - I just bought a (used - good condition) copy through Amazon for $1.25 + $3.99 SHIPPING

Marty:

I just did the same thing on Amazon for $1.25 + $3.99 shipping - once I got to "checkout" discovered I had a $9.00 unused balance on my Amazon account so the final delivered cost is $0.00. Hard to beat that! :P

Fred

Marty:

I just did the same thing on Amazon for $1.25 + $3.99 shipping - once I got to "checkout" discovered I had a $9.00 unused balance on my Amazon account so the final delivered cost is $0.00. Hard to beat that! :P

Fred

Fred,

When I placed the order they offered me a $30 credit if I signed up for their Amazon credit card. I hated to turn it down, but already have, and don't use their card. An extra $30 would have been OK.

You did really well----congratulations !!

If any of you have an Ollie's Bargain Outlet nearby, you can sometimes find neat car-related books in there. Be warned that some are not very accurate...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Rocketraider, finding automobile books is easy; finding accurate automobile books is more difficult. Especially if they are about American cars and printed in China or England.