1924 dodge brothers touring

Guest dirtydanms

Guest dirtydanms

Hi I am new to this forum stuff, not sure if I am doing this right but here goes, I have traded for a 1924 dodge brothers four door touring, the car is in very good shape, I am looking for the tubing and stuff for the soft top and maybe the top also, I am just a poor man with a dream, any body have eny ideas? Thanks Dirtydan

Hi Dan, top irons don't come up for sale very often (I've been looking for a year). I finally bought a pair of an unknown make which appear to be close enough. The wood bows are easier to source since there are some people who can do the steam bending of the oak. The DBs are not like a Model T or A where you can just pick up a catalog and order up whatever is needed. Good luck with your search. Post some photos of your car when you get a chance.

• 2 months later...
Guest loucher_90

Hi there, I have recently acquired a 1924 Dodge and do not really know to much about them. I cannot find any info on the internet and was just curious if you could help me out in locating the dipstick on the engines. I know this may sound like a strange question but not sure where else to look for info.

Thank you

Ryan

There is no dipstick on the early 4 cylinders. There is a gauge rod that pokes up though the block just behind the starter.generator. It will raise and lower depending on how much oil is in the oil pan. According to the Mechanics Instruction Booklet it should be at least 1/2' above the flat surface and not more than an ich to the overhanging water jacket. Hope that helps. Jay

Guest loucher_90

Thanks a ton jay found it and it is to full lol. would not have know what that random rod coming from the bottom end of the motor was without your help. Thanks again huge help you are.

Ryan

• 2 years later...

hi. sorry to bring up an old post but this is the only thing i have found on the net about and oil change on a 1924 dodge. About a year ago i inherited one of my grandfather toys a 1924 Dodge business sedan. before i got it its last trip out of the shed was 9 years ago so it should probably get a drink of some fresh oil. i got under it the other night to try and find a sump/drain plug but cant seem to find one. can somebody please tell me where to drain the oil from

Thank you

Welcome to the DB forum.  As you found, there is no drain plug.  You have to unbolt the fitting for the oil pump feed tube from the pan (2 bolts).  If you remove the pump feed tube and pull the fitting off the pan you should also find an oil strainer screen that is held by those same two bolts.  Pretty easy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but.... Ya don't get to clean out the grit and grunge that the screen filters and one can also dig some of that out of the pan with a little work. Loosen the fitting on the oil pump, pull both bolts and pull the screen. You will find it has gaskets too.