Question re: What-to-save? : Disassembling a ‘91

dfeigin

I have a ‘91 white/ black interior. A tree fell on it, doing enough damage (although still driveable) that I bought a replacement, ‘91 white/ ginger. I am having my mechanic disassemble the damaged one, saving as many parts as is practical, for future use, and possibly selling some that I don’t think I will need, if they are worth the trouble.

My question is: what parts do you guys definitely think are worth the trouble of disassembling & saving, and what are not, keeping in mind that I have to pay to remove them, and then store them?

Any input will be helpful.

Thanks-

David - Ojai, CA

-David

post-64820-143139327102_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the club. God doesn't want me to have a nice car. 96 Olds=big tree. 87 Shelby Lancer=big tree. 2 TCs and 2010 Sebring= 2.5" hail storm.

Anything that comes off easy and is small. front grille and HEADlights, stainless trim, tail lights, seats if leather is good, rear side windows, front axles and hubs for a start. If you're paying for removal, the return won't be much. Maybe GhostyMosty would be willing to strip it for some compensation.

Welcome to the club. God doesn't want me to have a nice car. 96 Olds=big tree. 87 Shelby Lancer=big tree. 2 TCs and 2010 Sebring= 2.5" hail storm.

Anything that comes off easy and is small. front grille and HEADlights, stainless trim, tail lights, seats if leather is good, rear side windows, front axles and hubs for a start. If you're paying for removal, the return won't be much. Maybe GhostyMosty would be willing to strip it for some compensation.

Alright Bill, now you're gonna make me cry! (see http://forums.aaca.org/f144/sale-1989-tc-cabernet-bordeaux-341930.html )

Save exterior trim, soft top (6 bolts in back), top pull down, abs wheel sensors, leather from rear of seatbacks, headlights and taillights, console armrest (can be recovered using the leather from rear of seatbacks) woodgrain items, driver door window switch and instrument panel with cover.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Bob Barrow

just bought a 1990 white TC & shipped north & while in warehouse a box fell off lift truck & broke LH mirror off. Looking for a replacement(white, power, heated) Thanks---Bob Barrow

David, I need the passenger side stainless steel/chrome arm rest on the top of the door. Also need all 4 fender support brackets from under the car. If you have these parts, please contact me at monde@gte.net. I have pictures of the brackets and instructions to remove them. Thanks Bob F.