Blower control module location

Trey

I just bought a blower control module to resolve the issue of the blower not turning off when I turn the car off and take out the keys. The problem now is I cannot find the location of the blower control module to replace it. Can anyone give me directions on this?

Trey,

This assembly is located on the firewall, passenger side of the engine compartment. Click on the image to enlarge.

post-67519-143139321507_thumb.jpg

Here's a link to http://reatta.net/. Here you will find access to Documentation in the form of PDF files taken from the FSMs. The '88 model year isn't available but the link to model year '89 will do for your '88.

John F.

Edited by Machiner 55 (see edit history)

I just bought a blower control module to resolve the issue of the blower not turning off when I turn the car off and take out the keys. The problem now is I cannot find the location of the blower control module to replace it. Can anyone give me directions on this?
The information you need can be found here:

A/C Sensor Locations - Reatta Owners Journal

look for power module in the photo:

post-52331-143139321512_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the diagrams. The three screws were 7mm. I used a socket set on the front two screws and a wrench for the back screw as the socket set was too tall to fit back there. I had to do some pulling and wiggling to pull the part out as well as putting the new part back in the slot. The blower control module was $85 at Autozone. Once I got it in there and hooked up the two sockets, the blower will now turn off when I turn it off or turn the car off. One tricky part was that you had to pull out the little white tabs when you are removing the electrical connections. Once you pull out the white tabs, then pry the plastic catch back to allow the connector to be pulled up and off. I did not put the third screw back in (the one where I had to use the wrench) as it was difficult to get to and it did not seem too important to have all three as two seemed to hold the part in just fine. Hope that is OK.

• Like 1

Note that I bought the ACDelco 15-72530 at Autozone, but when I go to their website now, I don't see it anymore. Ronnie's website has the ACDelco 15-72530 part for cheaper than what I am seeing at Autozone now. And I do not see the ACDelco part, just Santech and Everco for $126 and $145. Not sure why Autozone has dropped the part within the past two weeks.

Guest Mc_Reatta
I did not put the third screw back in (the one where I had to use the wrench) as it was difficult to get to and it did not seem too important to have all three as two seemed to hold the part in just fine. Hope that is OK.

Uh-Oh, now your whole car will fall apart when you hit that next pothole or RR Crossing! :rolleyes:

Just kidding. We should probably create and post a list of nuts, bolts and screws that make sense not to replace once removed for one reason or another.

For a start how about:

rear screw on blower module

front inner nut on ICM plate

rear most screws holding console side covers in place covered by seat

that one screw that's hard to reach holding in the front parking lamp assy

Whose got others?

An interesting side note to this project is that once I replaced the blower control module, the lights for the labels around the hard buttons for the CRT started to work again. I am not sure if this is a coincidence, but I am glad I can now see what the buttons are for at night again, though I had started to have them memorized.