1966 Dodge A-100 pickup

Bob Kinker

I finally found one!!! Had to go to Florida to get it, but I needed to make a road trip. It's a 1966 A-100, the previous owner was going to make a "Little Red Wagon" type vehicle out of it. He had stripped down, ready to start it's restification. Unfortunately, he passed away before any more could be done to it. My plans are to put it back reasonably close to stock, using it's "leaning tower of power" & automatic. Body work will start sometime early next year. Enjoy the pics. I will update as progress is made.

post-30986-143139289795_thumb.jpg

post-30986-143139289792_thumb.jpg

post-30986-143139289798_thumb.jpg

quite a few years ago, I had a 67 A-108, 318, 3 speed manual. at that time, I had the only V-8 powered van in town. Had a ball with it!

Yep.....red is awesome on these trucks. The Little Red Wagon, of course, was my inspiration to get one......since I was about 13 years old. Bob....you might want to check out my friend Scott's build here....http://forums.aaca.org/f190/reviving-69-dodge-sportsman-van-281698.html

post-37352-14313929344_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I have a list of parts suppliers for A-100's. Mostly part numbers for parts available at local Auto Parts houses, but also info on the few body panels available. I wasn't able to take good undercarriage pics, but the brownish looking stuff isn't rust. factory primer.

are you referring to the Blue car? Desoto.

or my Imperial?

the A-100 was advertised as complete, but was missing the whole heater. luckily I found one on ebay.

OK. i guess I was rather lucky. I did notice something strange about the engine/trans. There is an adapter plate between them. i was told that the pickups got the heavy duty big block 727, with the adapter plate to mount the slant 6.

• 9 months later...
Guest Rev.blackmouth

I have a tailgate and rear window that was removed from a 66 A100 when the truck was new. Does any one have any ideas as to the value of those items?

• 2 months later...
Guest scottsautomotive

I have been looking for a tailgate. Just found a 66 that is in pieces, in the process of making a little red wagon thats a driver.

I don't yet know what else I need.