1934 Dodge DR 4 Door Model - Front Upper Control Arm

Guest cadaber

Guest cadaber

Does anyone know if these can be rebuilt? I haven't taken the caps off to see what's in the inside. I blasted them with aluminum oxide to get a better look and noticed they leak.

Thanks,

Mark

post-80018-143139266034_thumb.jpg

post-80018-143139266039_thumb.jpg

Guest cadaber

Thank you. I am trying to find out if the shaft can be pressed out and the seals replaced inside. The piston system inside looks well off with no apparent wear.

Guest cadaber

Had some email correspondence with Apple Hydraulics (thanks Keiser31 for the POC) and they will rebuild them for $195 each, you have to send in your core to have it rebuilt since they do not have any in hand. They also offer a two year warranty for their work. I will let you know how they turn out.

Cheers

Guest Mark1934*
Had some email correspondence with Apple Hydraulics (thanks Keiser31 for the POC) and they will rebuild them for $195 each, you have to send in your core to have it rebuilt since they do not have any in hand. They also offer a two year warranty for their work. I will let you know how they turn out.

Cheers

Apple rebuilt mine. They turned out awesome.

Guest cadaber

Haha. I finally had a chance to take some leave. The Army life is great, however, never enough time for my toys.

Got my frame out of the powder coating shop, came out splendid. Now I'm in a quandary on what to do about the bolts. I purchased some new grade 5 bolts but I don't like the look of them. I want to use the old bolts since they are original. I just don't know if I should have the old bolts zinc coated or a darker coat similar to a gun. I have no idea how they looked when they were original. Do you by chance have any idea how they came factory?

Cheers

post-80018-1431392698_thumb.jpg

post-80018-143139269804_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cadaber

Got you message. I work out of town, so when I get back I have to look at the car to tell you what's still in good shape. For instance, the molding over the front dash is present but not worth salvaging. Really rusted.

Sorry for the delays, I just don't get to spend a great deal of time at home. Also, the car is at my cousins place due to me not having enough room at my house.

Mark

Tony.......I already bagged the overriders 3 months ago !!! LOL

Mark, Chassis looks great. Its a good starting point....don't forget to post heaps of pictures for us to see. Just a point, have you measured the chassis ? In the maintenance manual are the measurements from the various body holes. If I had done that to mine instead of assuming they were straight would have saved me about a grand. When the body shop set up the panels we found the front hood didn't fit. Finally we worked out the chassis was bent and it had to be straightened.

Ian