Neat video

Guest 1930

Being a 10 car hauler in all lower 48 states, i see this often in the back roads. I had to back up one time for a mile because of no warnings of a low bridge ahead.:mad: A lot of low bridges in the north east. A lot of rental trucks hitting that bridge. They also try to go into the fast food drive thru. Good show. I wonder if somebody just sits thier with a camera waiting for that expensive moment?:(

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

I did get my trailer jammed under an overhang in Jersey years ago, there were warnings, talking with other drivers though it depended on how loaded you were wether it would go or not. I had just picked up a load of paper products so I thought I was good to go. I took it fairly slow and when the scraping got kinda heavy I decided it was time to give up and get the heck out of there.

I dumped my air conditioned trailer as soon as possible at one of the yards and got a new one, never tried that again.

I used to deliver computer stationary. I once had to unload under a low entrance to an office building. When the weight was off, the van was found to be stuck firm. All the guys from the office got in the back to weigh it down enough to clear the overhead beam. We all had a good laugh about it but it was embarrassing!

Ray.

Only yesterday I was chatting to one of my customers who used to be a fireman on the LMS (London Midland Scotland) railway. He has been retired for some time but still helps out at the preserved railway. He says he has steam in his blood. I know other former railway men who worked at the Derby sheds and although they think the passing of steam was sad, they preferred the cleaner diesel and electric trains which replaced them.

When Dr. Beeching axed much of our rail network in the 1960's many people (me included) thought it a short sighted policy. Little did we realise at the time that an exciting new era of 'preserved' railways was about to begin and the disposal of obsolete steam locos would be the catalyst.

A completely new full size replica steam loco has recently been built here (at enormous cost!) If I can find a link I will post it. That's if I can stop watching these historic films for long enough!

Ray

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...