WANTED: Parts for 65 Riv GS

Guest sailor

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for several 65 Riviera GS parts like:

- Chromed stock twin snorkel air cleaner

- 425 dual carb intake (original)

- Dual carb linkage

- Emblems for trunk and fenders (I know there are repros to buy but if somebody has originals...)

- Grand Sport emblem for the glove box door.

- Kick down switch bracket

- Kick down switch

Thank you!

xyxthumbs.gif

Sailor

There's a guy named Kevin Kinnman on the Riviera Facebook page that is selling a '64 2x4 intake for $275 plus shipping.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/119154231467114/429484330434101/?notif_t=group_activity

I think anyone can join that group.

Mike

Hi Mike,

That sounds interesting...

unfortunately I'm not a facebook guy...so I can't get in contact with him. :(

But thank you...

Sailor

The 64 dual quad intake is different thatn the 65/66. For 65 you need the one with 316 as the last three digits on the casting not 306. The kickdown switch bracket bosses and coil mounts are different between the different casting #'s.

I forgot to mention that I have a 64 engine in. It is a KX...:)

Sailor

There's a guy named Kevin Kinnman on the Riviera Facebook page that is selling a '64 2x4 intake for $275 plus shipping.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/119154231467114/429484330434101/?notif_t=group_activity

I think anyone can join that group.

Mike

It's already sold... :o(

Anyone out there who is selling one? I don't want to go with a Offenhauser intake...

THX

Sailor

It's already sold... :o(

Anyone out there who is selling one? I don't want to go with a Offenhauser intake...

THX

Sailor

If you're not going for "stock" take a look at this one from Eelco. It has about the same flow features as a stock Buick manifold.

EELCO Manufacturing

If/when you contact them, take every precautioinn you can that 1) They actually have it 2) pay for it in a way that you can get a refund if they fall through. There has been some bad press about Marty Lackner. If he's still involved, proceed with caution.

This is a link to Russ Martin's website and Tech Info. Russ is regarded to be one of the two most knowledgeable nailhead gurus out there (the other being Tom Telesco.) Read tips number seven and eight before buying an Offy manifold. If you're looking for a real performance 2x4 intake keep an eye open for an Edelbrock B262 for a nailhead - search Google Images for a picture of one. If you find one, it will be worth it but be prepared to dig very deeply into your wallet.

15 Most Common Mistakes |

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Oh yes, you're right. I guess I was too enthusiastic to find all the parts for my babe...:rolleyes:

I'm living in Irvine, CA and will update my profile right away...

Andrew

Here comes an update...

Looking for:

- 425 dual carb intake (original) or Edelbrock B262 or Eelco.

- AC bracket for the 2x4 setup.

Already got the rest...

Thanks guys!

Sailor

The rear A/C bracket is the same as any 401 (to my knowledge but will not clear the finned aluminum valve covers. Clark's Corvair parts sells a new one specifically for the finned aluminum valve covers and their part number R277 for $38.50. Clark's Corvair Parts, Inc. - Corvair Parts Catalog - Over 12,000 parts Clark's has a good reputation among the Riviera owners.

The rear A/C bracket is the same as any 401 (to my knowledge but will not clear the finned aluminum valve covers. Clark's Corvair parts sells a new one specifically for the finned aluminum valve covers and their part number R277 for $38.50. Clark's Corvair Parts, Inc. - Corvair Parts Catalog - Over 12,000 parts Clark's has a good reputation among the Riviera owners.

Hi everybody,

Unfortunately I got the info from Clark's that the bracket isn't longer available...

So I still will need one. :(

Andrew

Here comes again an update...

Looking for:

- 425 dual carb intake (original) or Edelbrock B262 or Eelco.

- AC bracket for the 2x4 setup. (Or a regular one from a 66 Riv.)

Already got the rest...biggrin.gif

Thanks guys!

Sailor