Additional Photos of a Original '69 Impala

The mileage is original... these photos were taken a few years ago, currently the Impala has 6700 miles. I have a maintenance record from 1980, mileage was listed as 1050 miles... I had many people / judges inspect the car and all of them came back with the same conclusion as being original. It makes you wonder why someone would purchase a new vehicle and not drive it ? I have taken it to many car shows over the past few years with the same outcome of people in disbelief.... I actually had one individual tell me that I should not be driving it and that it belongs in a museum!

Steve

Steve - there must be more of a story relating to the background of this car. What more can you tell us? From Minnesota, owned since 2004... How did you find it, why was it never driven, etc.?? Why did you pursue the 1969 Chevs - inquiring minds want to know! :-)

Chuck

Edited by Woodfiddler
memory lapse (see edit history)

Hi Chuck - Well, I have to blame my parents for this..:) it started when they purchased a new 1969 Chevrolet Impala 4 door Hardtop from the local dealership. I remember going with them the day they picked it out... Dover White with a Black vinyl top and a Black interior. Unfortunately it did not have air conditioning... needless to say, it would be the last black interior / non air conditioner car they would purchased! I learned how to drive in that car and my father taught me all the basic mechanics ..eventually they gave me the Impala and I drove it through High School.Now, fast forward to 1996... my brother was on patrol and came upon a Dover White Custom Coupe Impala for sale, he knew how much I liked that model year, so he called me, I went and checked it out and I ended up purchasing it. I started to work on the Impala with my father, but with his sudden passing, everything came to a standstill. It took a few years to get my interest back into the hobby and I started to search the internet with the idea of finding a low mileage Impala and to sell off my project Impala at the same time. Well as luck would have it, I came across the Frost Green Impala on ebay in 2004, I made contact with the seller, told him if the car doesn't sell on ebay, I would be interested. A week later I received the call from the seller, and I struck a deal with him. The car was located in Audubon, MN. and I had it shipped here to my home in NY. When I took delivery, the Impala had 4990 miles on it and in the glove box it had the original sales literature, owners manual and protecto-plate card with the original owners name on it. The original owner was Mr. Henry Anderson of Wayzata,MN. he took delivery of the Impala on September 9, 1969 from the Village Chevrolet Co. in Wayzata, MN. The second owner was Ms. Gloria Van Nyhuis of Nevis,MN. I'm not sure when she took ownership of the Impala, but there is a maintenance sticker from the dealership from 1980 showing 1050 miles, so Mr. Anderson must of still had ownership at that time. That's all the infomation that I have on the Impala, I guess I could contact the dealership to see if they have any records on it ? You know the story with the other Impala, I ended up keeping her and finishing the restoration ( see other post ) I have to say that I'm very fortunate to have a very understanding wife!:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My aunt and uncle had a '69 Impala coupe - same forest green but it had a green vinyl roof and green cloth interior (and powerglide). When my cousin got her driver's permit, my aunt asked me to go out driving with her because my uncle didn't have the time or patience to go out with her. They traded it for a new '75 Chrysler Cordoba which turned out to be a big mistake. They traded the Cordoba in on a '78 Olds 98 which they still owed when my uncle passed in 1985.