What "New Carb to use"

Guest 63 rivenge

Guest 63 rivenge

Looking to put a new Carb on my 63.....what size is a good match, and does any of the vendors have a manifold to match

Thanks in advance

OK 63 R: Your car is a part of the reason that we're all here. It's a good old Buick......401 engine and the Dynaflow trans. When in good condition they preform beautifully and unless you were to make major changes (that really aren't necessary anyway) you couldn't ask for better performance. That's a good old Buick, or did I just say that? Mitch

Guest 63 rivenge

Thanks for your help guys........it runs well, but hard start...maybe the gaskets at the bottom of the carb need to be replaced, and I see that CARS INC..will do a rebuild........

Thanks for your help guys........it runs well, but hard start...maybe the gaskets at the bottom of the carb need to be replaced, and I see that CARS INC..will do a rebuild........

The carb needs to be rebuilt and adjusted correctly for easy starting. All the details are in the shop manual. Make sure you have the stainless steel plate below the carb mounting surface, plus a gasket. Make sure the choke opens fully when warm or else the interlock will prevent the secondary 2 barrels from opening and you will not have full 4 BBL power.

Guest cwheelin

When I bought my old Buick I was making the mistake of over pumping it and pumping it while as I was trying to start it. Just give it a few pumps and just turn the key. I too tried a new edelbrock and it ran worse so I just had my stock one rebuilt which is cheaper and better than a new one