On Hold!

HarryJ

I just spent from 9:36 to 11:02 on hold with my anitque car insurance company.............yes, I did talk very briefly with 4 people including one who lost me (I had to restart/redial)...............somehow my payment was lost and they sent me a "Notice of Policy Expiration" as my check was lost in the mail (mailed 1.5 months ago)................this letter instructed me to call this # to deal with the issue................seems like the insurance company has gotten too big for personal service ..................yeah...........I've only been with them for over 12 years.....................can anyone recommend a company where I can talk to a real person?:mad:

I was with hagerty for a number of years, never had a claim and they were easy to work with. I switched to Heacock 4 years ago because they were 30% less expensive for the same exact coverage. Still no claims and their customer service is very comparable, they also are cooperative and easy to deal with.............Bob

We've been with JC Taylor for years and have always recommended them. I've seen them in action several times and I always tell folks you don't know anything about your insurance company until you have a claim. That's why I'm with them.

I feel these specialty companies understand our cars, our hobby and in fact are great supporters of our hobby and events. Hopefully your bad customer service experience wasn't with one of the companies being recommended to you here. I'd be curious to know if you were insured with one of the major "commercial" companies or with an antique car specialty company like those menioned.

"Your call is very important to us....please hold"

"Hi my name is Rajiid....ummm I mean "Alex", how may I help you?" (say this with a mouthful of marbles to get full effect)

Customer service is virtually non-existant anymore. It's really sad that companies treat new customers better than long term ones, they often could care less about you or your problems. My oven died the day after the warranty expired. I called GE and they said they would fix it at my cost. I explained it's ONE DAY! She coldly said it's out of wannanty. I explained that my Harley had an issue repaired 4 years out of warranty and they couldn't do this a mere 24 hrs after? She told me that "maybe I should buy my next oven from Harley." Yup that's professional.

I do agree with Hagerty. Great personal customer service, real live human in the USA answers the phone!They even send my 59 a get well card! No hassels, quick and courteous.

I was on hold with Microsoft once for 90 mins, (at work, love speaker phones) and about 15 secs after they answered the fire alarm went off! They asked if that was an alarm and I said I'm not hanging up until I smell smoke!