Just got my new car, 1925 Dodge Tourer

Guest rameses32

Guest rameses32

Hello all, my name is Charley, I am originally from a small town in Kansas but now I live just outside Port Macquarie in Australia. On Tuesday I picked up my new car, a 1924 Dodge Tourer. I found it in a guys shed over two years ago but it took me a while to talk (beg) the misses into letting me bring it home to recuperate in our garage. The guy I bought it from said he had the engine, wheels and chassis rebuilt 25 years ago but never started it and never had a chance to finish it. Well I hauled it home, and really went through it, the wheels are excellent, so is the frame, springs bushes and everything else in the suspension. The body has zero rust , except for surface rust, and the Wood work is rock solid. In Australia the chassis were shipped out from the states and bodies made out here by Holden I believe, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I was concerned about the engine, having sat around in a shed for 25 years since being rebuilt, so I pulled the head off last night and was pleasantly surprised. The engine is brand new inside, no surface rust what so ever, great cross hatch in the cylinders, every thing is like it was built yesterday. With the head off I cranked it over by hand and the Magneto throws beautiful blue spark, and then I put power to the 88 year old, un-rebuilt starter and the motor cranks over as if the starter was brand new. I'm going to pull the tappet covers off and lube the valve train and start her on Monday, very excited.

As for the rest of it, well, I have two trailer loads of parts to pick up tomorrow, but I'm not expecting much to be useable. I have given myself a 12 year dead line to finish it, just in time for it's 100th birthday:)

Charley

post-88483-143139190853_thumb.jpg

post-88483-143139190887_thumb.jpg

post-88483-143139190941_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Dodge Brothers section of the forum! Nice touring car. Looks like you will be hanging out with us for a while in order to get the car done. You have pretty much found the best place for information, parts and friends. John