Need a couple of parts for my '64

RivNut

Looking for a couple of parts for my '64.

1) The dash panel that holds the courtesy light switch, and antenna switch. Mine is good but it doesn't have the labels for the ACCESSORY or ANTENNA.

2) The proper vacuum mechanisn for the trunk release. I've had one I've been holding on to forever, but just found out it's not the correct one for a '64. )Have no idea what it is for though.) If you have the entire assembly, I'd take it all - latch, vacuum mechanism, and lock cylinder. I have the 'plunger.'

Either or both, please contact me here or via PM.

Thanks,

Ed

After doing some more research, I've come to the conclusion that the 64 and 65 are different. The '64 has the "labels" for each switch on the upper edge of the panel. The picture in this link shows two of the switches with labels on the edge of the panel. The picture is blurred but you get the idea.

http://forums.aaca.org/f177/custom-gauge-cluster-64-riviera-272562.html

The '65 has an add on part that labels the switch as in the attached photo.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Jh7nxtqKq_6_uM_FX9iUQSA7lCwZT668Si2KRqFlNrOHpM0P

I'll keep looking for a '64 panel for a while. Thanks.

Ed

Ed you are correct re the difference between the `64 and `65 models. The `64 panel is hard to find because it must come from a parts car which has all three options-probably why Buick switched to the `65 arrangement-so they only needed one panel to build all the cars. If you decide to go the `65 route you will be hard pressed to find the accessory switch. The panel turns up once in a while on Ebay, good luck,

Tom Mooney

Tom,

As I understand it, the ACC switch is used to operate the rear defroster. With a proper relay couldn't you use another courtesy light switch for the same thing? Perhaps it's time to get out the chrome on black lable maker! I know, wishful thinking on my part.

If he doesn't sell the whole car, the guy with the rusty barn find '65 has the panel and switches.

Thanks,

Ed

The accessory switch has three positions. Low seed, high speed and off. You could use a two position switch like a courtesy light switch but you would only have one speed. Hard to find the accessory switch by itself as it is needed to sell a complete rear defroster setup. Most sellers who are parting a car will market the switch and blower and neglect to include the resistor assembly which provides for the low speed. Hard to find the switch by itself, good luck,

Tom Mooney

Looking for a couple of parts for my '64.

1) The dash panel that holds the courtesy light switch, and antenna switch. Mine is good but it doesn't have the labels for the ACCESSORY or ANTENNA.

2) The proper vacuum mechanisn for the trunk release. I've had one I've been holding on to forever, but just found out it's not the correct one for a '64. )Have no idea what it is for though.) If you have the entire assembly, I'd take it all - latch, vacuum mechanism, and lock cylinder. I have the 'plunger.'

Either or both, please contact me here or via PM.

Thanks,

Ed

Did you find this stuff yet?