'63 license plate frame

RivNut

When they were delivered, every new 1963 Riviera came with a license plate frame. It's on the window sticker as one of the standard features on the Riviera that may be optional on other models. The frame was a very thin rolled stainless item that barely covered the raw edge of the license plate. It was not fully rolled on one end and you could slide you license plate into it; no bolt holes, no advertising; it was just to clean up the raw edge of the plate. Probably no more than 1/4" thick. I lost mine some time ago when I had some paint work done on the rear end. Didn't realize it until it was too late.

Does anyone have one they want to sell? Or has anyone even seen one lately?

Thanks,

Ed

Nope. Mine were replaced by the dealer with their dealer name trim plate (Peck Buick, San Diego).

That would be a nice thing for someone to reproduce. If we could find an original to copy, it seems to me that it would be easy to make. I'd offer them up to all classic GM owners. That would really dress up the plate (especially if you are running a plate on the front).

Sorry, too big. The one in the picture has a wide place at the top, looks like a place for a decal or an engraving; or is that a handle to pull the license away from the filler neck? The one I'm looking for would resemble a door edge guard that surrounds just the small edge of the plate. In my original post, I said 1/4", I'd probably change that to 1/8" (after actually looking at a ruler.)

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Ed,

Ecklers Corvette reproduces the license plate frame, but it is the style without the "handle" that the flip down lic. plate should have ( it is perfect for the front plate however ) part number 88-0352-1 $15.99 or for a pair part #88-0391-1 for $24.99 .