Marmon V 16 Roster Keeper

Not sure if there is an official V 16 roster keeper but perhaps some one who owns one could assist me.

Am looking for the present owner of a 1933 Marmon Sixteen seven passenger sedan S/N 16-146-922, Engine # 16-858. I have a photo of the car that may be of interest to him/her.

The Marmon Club prints an annual registry that includes all known chassis numbers and their last known owner.

As a side note, I have a friend who's granddad was Chief engineer of Marmon from 1927-1929. He formerly was the Chief Engineer at Lincoln. However in 1927 he was elected president of the SAE. Henry Ford didn't like that too much and called him into his office. The quote goes something like this " I understand you have two jobs now, which one do you want to keep?".

Thank you Alan Ballard!!!!! Thanks to the AACA Forum and its members, Alan found me and I now have the earlist known photo of our Marmon Sixteen. The photo and the notes on the back exactly support the history of the car that we had previously researched.

This is a prime example of someone taking the time to match some piece of historical information with the current owner of the car! We need more wonderful people like Alan in our hobby.

If other members have ANY old photos of Marmon Sixteens, we would love to see them for the Roster records. You would be amazed what is still showing up to educate us about these great cars.

Thanks again to everybody.

DWR46

Thanks really goes to the people in the Marmon club who decided that they want to catalog all the information about every existing Marmon car left in existence. This is a very nice contribution to auto history. I would like to see other clubs do this, even if only for a few models. The Marmon club always welcomes any information about any Marmon.

I bet that is a great photo, it isn't tought ot post photos here so everyone can see it.:rolleyes: Bob

Thank you Alan Ballard!!!!! Thanks to the AACA Forum and its members, Alan found me and I now have the earlist known photo of our Marmon Sixteen. The photo and the notes on the back exactly support the history of the car that we had previously researched.

This is a prime example of someone taking the time to match some piece of historical information with the current owner of the car! We need more wonderful people like Alan in our hobby.

If other members have ANY old photos of Marmon Sixteens, we would love to see them for the Roster records. You would be amazed what is still showing up to educate us about these great cars.

Thanks again to everybody.

DWR46