48 Buick Roadmaster

Guest zrt1000

Guest zrt1000

48 Buick Roadmaster in decent shape, straight 8, Car is solid for the most part. Hood is missing, no spark plugs in motor so it has been open to the weather .. NO TITLE .. $1500 obo .. located in East Stroudsburg pa... zrt800@ptd.net

Guest ewing

need more info and pictures help

4 dr; 2 dr, convert?

if you post the data plate info potential buyers can identify model, as hood sizes differ

A Hard Top is a 2 door car that does not have a divider/post between the door and rear seat glass. It appears that your car is a sedan. The data plate should be on the passenger side of the firewall just below the hood. Pictures always help on this forum.

Guest Rob McDonald

I'm sure Zert meant "sedan" but it got me to thinking - what would a postwar senior Buick look like as a 4-door hardtop? How about a 4-door convertible? Someday I'll get me a copy of Photoshop but then I'll never leave this keyboard. Better wait until I'm retired.

Guest ewing

I wonder if anybody ever took a late 40's convert and grafted a hardtop to it, that could look good..... maybe??

Apoligies , we have drifted off the for sale topic, ....

On second thought ,I think thats what they did with the 53 Skylark...ht version.

I wouldn't go so far as to make a HARDTOP out of my Limited, but I have been playing with an extra door that I have, to PULL THE WINDOWS OUT FLUSH WITH THE BODY. Easy to do if you don't want them to move up & down, but I would want at least the main door glass to move. Flush windows would really smooth out the look, and cut wind noise, I THINK.......

Dale in Indy

I wonder if anybody ever took a late 40's convert and grafted a hardtop to it, that could look good..... maybe??

You mean like this?

1949-buick-roadmaster-riviera-coupe-photo-125646-s-1280x782.jpg

That's exactly what the '49 Riviera/Coupe DeVille/Holiday were. Some of the best-looking closed cars ever, in my opinion!

Guest Rob McDonald

Sorry ZERT, off topic again, but it is keeping your post current.

There was nothing new under the '55 Buick sun... Here's a 1950 Kaiser Virginian 4-door hardtop. Really more of a convertible sedan that doesn't convert. I'd forgotten about these beauties and an old friend even had one. Seems to me the little mid-windows lift out and stow away for that wide open flow-through look.

post-59990-143138997428_thumb.jpg

Rob,

The little "mid-windows" did not slip out and stow away. They were attached there, and took the place of the top half of the door pillars, to add rigidness/stiffness to the frame as these cars were built from a 4-door sedan with the roof cut off. The reason they used windows was to give the car a "hardtop" feel. So the extra frame strength came from the door pillars and those windows.

How do I know this - I was after a 1949 Frazer 4-door Convertible, for 25 years, from an older woman I knew and that had the same windows. Plus, I have the Kaiser-Frazer book that explains it all.

Sad end to the story - I never got the car.....

Joe

• 3 weeks later...