Passenger power seat?

JonW

Having sold my Riviera several years ago and regretting it, I'm scouting around for another. The better half says she would REALLY like a 6-way power seat on the passenger side. What years was this offered with bucket seats?

Edited by JonW (see edit history)

Optional in 73 I believe with the 60/40 front seat . Maybe even 72. Just guessing that would be would a fairly uncommon option in those years. Probably got a little more common in the 74-78 then more so 79-85s. I think starting in 79 they also offered power seat back recliners which is a nice option.

Hopefully someone else can clarify.

What about '65 thru '69?

Sorry nothing available from the factory in the form of a power passenger seat 65-69. You'd have to do a custom modification fitting a power 4-way driver seat on the pass side but if it has to be a six way those were only available as an option on the bench seat 66-69.

One option would be for you get a 6 way power bench car and accept whatever position your wife wants the seat to be in. A happy wife is a happy life. :D

Patrick, et al.

The nice thing about the later model seats from Cadillac and others is that all of the seat adjusting mechanisms are on the lower plastic skirts on the seats themselves. There are no seat controls on the doors. My '93 Riviera has the 6-way controls on the door panel, but the lumbar and recline are on the skirts. On later models, all of the controls have been moved to the skirts.. Talk about simplicity for seat swaps....

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest Riviera66
Optional in 73 I believe with the 60/40 front seat . Maybe even 72. Just guessing that would be would a fairly uncommon option in those years.

'72 was 1st year... 14% of cars had it. Nothing available earlier. Cadillac in the'60s had power passenger buckets...but it was 2 way only!

Darwin Falk

1966-70 ROA Technical Advisor

Guest caprice350

The seat frame from chevy caprice 1987-1990 with 50-50 confurigation can be modified to fit -65 riviera seats with some work and the switch should fit in the door panel for easy working perhaps you must modify the hole but you need to cut a hole in the right panel for the switch i should try this if i wanted to mount 6 way power seats in my -65 riv

post-83279-143138981264_thumb.jpg

Guest sharkeymark

find the door switch assembly and drivers seat(right hand drive) Austrailian 658R that will give you a '66/67 passenger 4 way reclining bucket. Totally theoretically probably hard to find but doable and you will have to wire in the power.