wiring diagram for 1950 power windows?

Pete Phillips

The shop manual is no help for the wiring on the master switch for the 1950 Roadmaster. One of the wires that attaches to the master switch for the right rear window has come off, and I do not know which of the three possible terminals it attaches to. There is a lower, middle,and upper wire terminal for each of the four windows on the driver's master switch. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or can tell me which of the three terminals the right rear wire connects to? Thanks in advance for any help. I have all of my windows working now expect the right rear! Really is exciting to see the window glass up for the first time since I bought the car in 2007, not running and all windows down.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Never mind, I think I figured it out by trial and error.

I got the distributor problem fixed, and got all power windows to work yesterday evening with no leaks. I took the car out on the highway to clean out the carburetor and see if the radiator is okay. It was the first time I have ever had the car on the highway--all I have done previously is drive it on and off a trailer or around the driveway or around the block. All I can say is, "WOW!" That old 320 straight eight is a powerhouse on the highway. I had it up to 80 and it was like a charging freight train, with lots more in reserve and able to go much faster. It really needed a good run to clear out the carb. I was passing everything on the road! Mind you, my daily driver is a 68-horsepower 240-Diesel with a quarter of a million miles, so my baseline of measurement is pretty low!

Pete Phillips

post-32059-143138923733_thumb.jpg