What fan for '65 401 with AC

kdml

I don't believe the fan on my '65 is original. The current fan has 4 blades and it about 17 3/4 inches. In addition, there is no fan clutch, just an aluminum spacer.

Can someone confirm that a '65 with AC should have a 20" clutch fan with 5 blades? If I am right on this, does anyone know a source for the correct fan - I assume I will need to find a used one

Thanks

Doug

I don't know the diameter but I do know that there are five blades; and they're not perfectly spaced from each other. There should be only about 1/2" - 3/4" between the tips of the blades and the shroud. If you measure the shroud, you'll know how big of a fan to get.

Guest Rob J

Yes, it is a 20" 5 blade offset fan with a fan clutch, no spacer.

Looks like this.

You can find the fan used, and CARS has new fan clutches.

1965-Buick-425-Super-Wildcat-C1314-0102.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest bulldog65

You guys keep mentioning CARS for parts...I must have been living in a cave---what is their website address? Thanks...another Riviera nut...Baby Boomer style!

Guest Rob J
You guys keep mentioning CARS for parts...I must have been living in a cave---what is their website address? Thanks...another Riviera nut...Baby Boomer style!

www.oldbuickparts.com

Their products are good, their service and attitude sometimes leave a lot to be desired.

New fan clutches can be purchased ant any good auto supplier.

One common manufacturer and part number for this clutch is "Imperial" and is their part # 215049.

My local Auto Zone had it in stock a few years ago when I needed one.

Guest bulldog65

Jim--I really need to correspond with you--I'm a ROA member and live near Waco,Texas. actually Mexia...am restoring/updating our '63 Riv..see my profile foto of this wonderful car--it's been in our 'family' since bought new in 1963--good story....I just have some questions from time to time about coding,specs, accessories,etc. Love your foto of the Riviera....Thanks, Doug

Sure, Doug! Send an e-mail to me through the ROA Forum here. My e-mail address is also in The Riview. We can go from there.

I passed near Mexia last month on my way north to the Texas Motor Speedway.