Reatta for sale on Ebay ending Sunday

Jim

This car is on Ebay for sale. 220987201676

Be very careful if bidding on this car.

This car was on Ebay with the auction ending last Thursday night and I was the high bidder. The auction for this same car that I was the high bidder on is 270916307475

The seller DEMANDS $ 500 non refundable up front and then demands the rest be paid in full and you must wait until the balance is paid and cleared before you can pick up the car.

The seller has a negative feedback for keeping someones $ 500.

I was leery of sending him $ 500 up front and messaged him about 5 times through the ebay messaging system telling him I would pay for the car with 100% cash when I picked up the car. He refused. I left about 10 messages on his phone answering machine asking him to call me. He acknowledged he had received my phone calls via the ebay message system but refused to even talk to me unless I sent him $ 500.

Several other red flags that told me not to blindly send him $ 500 non refundable is the auction was a private bid auction with the bidders identity hidden. There were 31 bids on this car surprising stopping at exactly $ 2000 with about an hour to go on the auction.

I am NOT saying the seller and an accomplice ran up the bids but to my way of thinking, why would anyone want to not show that there are legitimate bidders.

Ebay does not show actual bidders names anytime but instead assigns a letter, some asterisks, another letter and the actual feedback of the bidder. This tells us that legitimate bids are being placed. Private auctions all this is hidden so you really don't know what is going on.

Edited by Jim (see edit history)

If you pay him threw pay-pal and you account is attached to a credit card and he does not come threw you can cancel the transaction with your credit card co. Stating non refundable is a joke on Ebay. Pay-pal always protects the buyer at the expense of the seller right or wrong. I used to sell a lot on Ebay but no more.

This is to laugh "Failure to pay deposit or balance within stated time frame voids (at seller's descretion) sale and deposit will be forfeited to seller. "

Seems like someone should be able to inspect the car prior to bidding and I don't think he could legally refuse cash.

Am glad I have enough.

I once bought a Reatta on Ebay, seller stated in the ad that it had new brakes

on the car. Well, once I had the car inspected, as you can guess, I had to put

brakes all around the car. I disputed the cost of my repairs on the car, based

on the sellers ad. Well, I am very happy to report my cc company refunded my

purchase price for the car and I got to keep the car. I then sold it for what I had

into it and purchase price. American Express is the BEST!

This is to laugh "Failure to pay deposit or balance within stated time frame voids (at seller's descretion) sale and deposit will be forfeited to seller. "

Seems like someone should be able to inspect the car prior to bidding and I don't think he could legally refuse cash.

Am glad I have enough.

I was looking for a summer driver and would prefer an '89 and not red, white or black so I bid on this car in the last few seconds of the auction.

Sellers cannot give negative feedback, which I think is wrong but in this case maybe is to my benefit, but I did get a notice from Ebay saying " an unpaid Item has been recorded on your account." What this means I believe is if I have two more unpaid wins I can be suspended.

I have never not paid for a win in the past and do not plan on having any in the future so it really doesn't make any difference to me but tomorrow I am going to contact Ebay support tell my side of the story, that I tried in every phone call and message through the Ebay system to inform the seller I would pay the full amount in cash.

One huge mistake, I think, the seller made was all of our communications were through the Ebay messaging system so customer support can look at those messages and see that I did try and purchase the car.

Guest Richard D

I asked the gentleman selling the Reatta tonight that since he already has a strike for keeping the buyers $500.00 he might consider taking cash in full when car is picked up.

I got a rather terse responce that if I don't like his auction, go bid somewhere else. I said, Great Idea!

PS anybody think he is a poster here?

I asked the gentleman selling the Reatta tonight that since he already has a strike for keeping the buyers $500.00 he might consider taking cash in full when car is picked up.

I got a rather terse responce that if I don't like his auction, go bid somewhere else. I said, Great Idea!

PS anybody think he is a poster here?

At first I thought he didn't even know the owner and knew of this car being for sale and wanted all the money up front so he could go and purchase the car and then have it available to me. I now think he does know the owner and he is selling the car for the owner but something still is not right.

I don't believe he is aware of this site and he mostly sells magazines and odd stuff with an occasional car consigned.

The auction has now closed and last time he had 31 bids ending at exactly $ 2000.

This time he has three bids ending at $ 2020 and those bids have been there for the last three days.

Today I contacted Ebay support and explained my side of the story and they removed the non payment against me, clearing my record. They agreed I did everything I was supposed to do in trying follow up with the purchase.

Edited by Jim (see edit history)