1934//35 buick identification

Sleonard65

I am trying to find out if my friends Buick with a chassis number of #2874267 is a 1934 or 1935 buick sports coupe. Sorry I don't have a photo. My friend lives in Ireland. Are there any special items on the car that only a 1934 or 35 Model would

have. He said it does have wire wheels but all I ever see is artillery wheels on Buicks. I called the Alfred Sloan Museum but they said their Buick information starts a 1970 and up. Any Buick enthusiast have any information?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Reds- Have your friend check the left hand side of the firewall for the ID tag. Year,model number, trim number should be on that tag. Post these numbers along with the frame number and motor number if available. Dave Corbin is the numbers guy and should be able to tell you what you and your friend want to know. Good luck !

According to the Classic Car Database

Classic Car Specifications, Engine, Wheelbase, production numbers, VIN numbers for Antique Cars, Classic Cars, Vintage Cars and Muscle Cars

For 1934, Buick frame numbers went from 2706453 to 2777649

For 1935, 2777650 to 2830898

For 1936, 2830899 to 2999496

Based on this, it looks like your friend's frame, #2874267, is a 1936.

See also the BCA judging manual which can be accessed from the BCA website.

http://www.buickclub.org/BCA%20JUDGING%20MANUAL/BCAjudgingrev2.pdf

According to the judging manual, wire wheels were available from 1922 to 1935. I don't know if 1934/35 wire wheels would fit on a 1936.

Good luck figuring it all out.

Mart

Northbrook, IL

Guest daydreamer1950

if the grill emblem is a 2 piece it is a 34 also if the grill suround is a multi piece it is a 34 if the grill suround is a one piece it is a 35 [stainless trim around grill inserts]

if the grill emblem is a 2 piece it is a 34 also if the grill suround is a multi piece it is a 34 if the grill suround is a one piece it is a 35 [stainless trim around grill inserts]

Sorry, I don't understand this? All 1934/35 grills I have seen have been 1 piece ( per side ) with a stainless trim surround.

1934 cowl vents open to the rear ( towards windshield ) and 1935 vents open to the front.

Guest daydreamer1950

the stainless trim around the insert is 1 piece on 34 and muti pieces on 35 . look in the corners to see witch one it is.