HPOF?

414TATA

I have to show my ignorance. I was reading the post regarding value of the '46 Pontiac and another post referring to HPOF original status.

Because I am the 3rd owner of a completely original '41 Buick (Two prior owners 35 years each) . I would like to know what HPOF stands for.

Thanks

Wayne

1941 Super 51

post-78086-143138895397_thumb.jpg

post-78086-143138895426_thumb.jpg

Wayne, here's a lnk to the 2012 Judging Guidelines Manual, where you'll find out what makes a car eligible for the HPOF (and AACA Original) Class. It's a pdf, but open it up and scroll to page 52 for HPOF. The HPOF Judging Form is on page 48, so you can see the categories in which the car is certified.

Sometimes we forget when we throw out our jargon like HPOF, DPC, First Junior, Senior Preservation, etc., that not everyone gets it. For instance, my '57 below is a DPC car, in that it's a half-original driver that's had too much done to qualify for HPOF, but not enough to get into Class Judging (to go for a Junior, then a Senior award in class 27B; see page 28 for Class Descriptions). The info in the Judging Manual will help explain it all.

Good question, BTW!

:)

TG

Forgot to mention that your '41 Super is a beauty, and I bet it drives like a dream!

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

Originally Posted by Steve Moskowitz viewpost.gif

Thankfully, my assistant Tom provides far more data than I do! :) Nice job sir...you are hired permanently!

Originally Posted by Shop Rat

And he is going to LOVE the salary and benefits package with that job. :rolleyes::D<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Susan, I'm content to be like the RCA Victor dog, "Nipper,"

happy with the occasional table scrap,

listening to "His Master's Voice."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTihLqq2tHu9do8s5z0fhsPeMMGm9Kq2QxeX75y6ZOMFxuSH6Tw

:rolleyes:

TG