Two reattas for sale on craigslist. Both Lowered!?

Guest spiering.lucas

Can't answer the lowering question, but have to say I do like the rims on the brown one. For that matter - and I am surprised I am going to say this - I actually kind of like the looks of the brown paint job. I am not generally a fan of brown cars, but somehow it looks ok on this car.

Both look to be in fairly decent shape too.

KDirk

Padgett........ never thought of it before but what do you think would happen if you cut an inch or two off each end of the composit rear leaf?

It would move the force point closer to the lower "A" arm pivot and I would think that would stiffen the spring, at the same time it would raise the contact point, lowering the rear.

It would be an interesting experiment, there are plenty of Riviera, Eldorado and Seville springs out there to try.

Yeah, it's funny on that brown one. I always think of late 70's/early 80's station wagons or bustle-back Seville's (around 1983-84) when I think of brown cars. Never really liked brown as a color in general for cars, clothes or just about anything else except maybe shoes and wood work. I could make a joke here about not liking brown due to being a plumber, but I will spare everyone that indignity.

I think the trick on this paint job is that it is a more "contemporary" metallic brown. Seems like I am seeing a lot of Buick Enclaves wearing a similar color at the moment, and while it wouldn't be my first choice I do find that shade catches my eye. Somehow on this Reatta, it just works. Seems like the wheels help offset the "brownness" a bit.

KDirk