'53 Brake Stop Light Switch -Bleed the Brakes?

WillBilly53

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issues with my 56. I am showing 12 VDC at the end of the wire that goes to the brake light switch, but nothing passes the switch. I used a generic on/off switch and I verified the lights work when I pressed the switch. I ordered one of these Universal Street Rod Adjustable Brake Light Switch - Gearhead Enterprises

Once it get here, I will let you know how it works. I got the idea from here. Hope this helps.

I am having the same issues with my 56. I am showing 12 VDC at the end of the wire that goes to the brake light switch, but nothing passes the switch. I used a generic on/off switch and I verified the lights work when I pressed the switch. I ordered one of these Universal Street Rod Adjustable Brake Light Switch - Gearhead Enterprises

Once it get here, I will let you know how it works. I got the idea from here. Hope this helps.

As long as you actually have 12V at the wire at the switch,

Just get a new pressure switch and it'll be fine....

You can get them at NAPA. Usually you have the blade style or the push-on style to choose from...either one works as long as the connection is made properly.

No need to make the hotrod switch work.... I bought one of these, too. For a custom project. Ended up using the old style "inline" pressure switch .... it was easier!