39 special rear muffler support

39BuickEight

I ordered the one Bob's sells, but there is no way it is correct. We can make it work by adding our own piece of steel to get the bolts to reach the holes.

Do the big series cars have different brackets? Would they use this one? Is there another supplier that sells a different one? This one is straight across, and when you bolt the outer side to the frame (only fits one way, the holes in the outer frame rail dictate that), the inside bolts are not even close to the holes on that side.

If you look here you can see one hole in the frame where it supposed to go, but, like I said, it's not close. It needs to be offset or something.

2-17-12003-1.jpg

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)

Another supplier listed in the Buick Bugle is Chuck Emory in Ft. Smith, Ark. He is doing repro parts for several late prewar years and lists1939 exhaust mounting parts. (479)646-1481

Noon to 9 pm Central Standard Time. I'm not familiar with his work; but, he has been a long time advertiser in The Bugle.

Thanks guys.

Danny, I see what I need, it's the thin metal brace part on the bottom part of the supports in your first photo. Another case of where I thought I was getting the entire thing, but I'll just have to make that on my own, unless someone has one I can obtain for a good price :). It's not worth the shipping to send this back and try to find an entire one.

here is the one I have, you can see it is missing from this remade support bracket that they sell:

MS-39-250x250.jpg

better pic on page 7:

http://www.bobsautomobilia.com/2011catalog.pdf

.. Another case of where I thought I was getting the entire thing, but I'll just have to make that on my own, unless someone has one I can obtain for a good price..
Try Dave Tacheny in MN

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lunchbox_xx

Billy i think i just cut that out of my x frame i have a pic of it if you didnt get one yet and the pic is right i sell you mine cheap look on my fourm for the pic i do have a better pic but on my phone and cant get it on here untill im by the computer this weekend let me know if u want to see it