Chrysler Pickup

Richard1

I know this is getting of topic of the vehicle in the post. I wanted to post here thanks to the neat fedco chart posted above. I checked my fedco plates on my two 75's the roadster was easy built in Aug 28 My coupe not that easy it starts with a Z I can't find a Z anywhere on the chart. Any Ideas? Chris

My book shows serial numbers for the 1929 Chrysler '75' run from "CY050P" and "ZW000P" and go to "CD999D" and "ZW672L".

Guest f-aschwanden

Hello

Was asked by different members to attach the complete list. Here it is.

Hope it helps you to find the differences in between the manufacturing / production date and the model year.

post-56019-143138863149_thumb.jpg

post-56019-143138863171_thumb.jpg

post-56019-143138863192_thumb.jpg

post-56019-143138863213_thumb.jpg

I wouldnt hesitate in the least to restore the truck as found using all of the parts that are with the truck already, they have been with the truck longer than any one of us have been around and they are now original to this particular truck.

Thats a find and a great looking truck, I am jealous

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

OK, at this point it is mine as soon as I can figure out the details of getting it into the country and be sure that it is possible. He has decided to sell, and we are close enough on the price.

The questions now, while I work on that, are:

Are parts and manuals available?

If I understand, the 4 cylinder engine that I have to assemble is either close to or the same as the Maxwell 4 cyl. Right? any chance those are available? or parts for them? Since the engine is completely dis-assembled, it will be a jigsaw puzzle. (not that I'm not good at those).

What other information is available on these engines?

Once I get it I'm sure we can have fun determining what vehicles the bed, tank, roof and other parts came from.

Once I get it assembled I'll have to get over the hurdles of registering it and dealing with it being illegal as RHD.

Guest Foggy norm

Good for you Richard. I'm not sure of what "countrie's" you are referring to, or why is RHD illegal. Here's a thought...moving piece's and part's at different time's. I've heard storie's of vehicle's impounded at custom's because the guy in charge, liked the car, and never saw the car again (true story). Who would impound piece's or rolling chassis to an unknown car.

Guest dminer

It's almost in as bad a shape as your 'Vair was! Looks like a good project and you've already started on it just doing all of this research.

I can't tell you anything others haven't already said other than see you on Corvair Center forums!

There was thousands of these built in Australia after the war. Petrol rationing was in full swing, cars were ineligible for petrol vouchers but commercial and farming vehicles were exempt, so many cars got turned into utes (pickups/buckboards). Some were home done conversions but there was quite a few body building firms that made them look almost factory. Where ever it was made it's an awesome looking vehicle, I'd get it running and drive it as is! Good luck.

I can help you with an owners manual which was the closest thing avail to a service manual for these cars, it will give some exploded views and some somewhat detailed text concerning the mechanicals for your vehicle.

Last time I checked they were still avail on e-bay for many times next to nuthin all th way up to whatever two guys were willing to pay against one another.

I would suggest taking your pict. and a similar discussion to the D.B club forum on this site as well, I understand its not a Dodge but there are many people there that will be able to answer alot of your specific questions. I dont usually post on this general discussion forum myself and in-frequently check in here just when I have a little extra time so I would assume there would be others like me. Might not find a more helpfull knowedgable bunch of people on the web.

Wouldnt hurt to have the topic going in two different forums anyway so as to take advantage of more peoples help.

If you decided not to do that than my e-mail is jhason2@yahoo.com and you can always e-mail me directly.

Good luck with your truck, its a real beuty

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news today. My contacts at the border say there is no way I'm getting that car/truck. They say Argentina won't let it out of the country because it is historic. Bolivia won't let it in because it is too old.

I've been looking for ways to do it, and so far nothing. It would have to go through two check points to get out. I had thought I could bring it in "in transit", then rebuild it as new, but to go through the route I planned it now has to go through too many hoops. And the chassis is too big to camouflage.

I've asked the seller if he can figure anything out, but it is looking sad.

Bad news today. My contacts at the border say there is no way I'm getting that car/truck. They say Argentina won't let it out of the country because it is historic. Bolivia won't let it in because it is too old.

I've been looking for ways to do it, and so far nothing. It would have to go through two check points to get out. I had thought I could bring it in "in transit", then rebuild it as new, but to go through the route I planned it now has to go through too many hoops. And the chassis is too big to camouflage.

I've asked the seller if he can figure anything out, but it is looking sad.

A few guys coming back from the war took cars apart and shipped them as "tractor parts" back home. Maybe a similar move would be worthwhile.

Guest Foggy norm

Wow, south american intrique, where's James Bond when you need an idea! This bring's the "kid" out, in a lot of us.....let's put one over on the "man".

Convert the chassis into a farm wagon of some sort, haul some chicken's or sugarcane or what you have for a load.

"tractor parts"

I like that. This morning he wrote that he will look into things from his end. Those could even come in legally without restrictions, as tractors have no restrictions and whole tractors have no duties (not sure about parts).

Fill it with illegals and drive across the border. It's done every day apparently.

There you go, I vote this as the best answer

There you go, I vote this as the best answer

No, here everyone is trying to go the other direction.

When I drove across in my Grand Cherokee a couple of months ago with a pile of parts for the Renault, I parked about 15 yards away from the customs office and walked over with my papers, handed them to the guy, told him to have a nice day and walked back. They never even looked in my car. Of course if it had had a trailer with an antique car on it, or was a truck, they'd be all over it.

Also have to take Murphy's law into consideration.

• 4 weeks later...