I finally got a dash pad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

I have looked for almost 2 years for a dash pad for my '65. I pulled the trigger on a used pad on Ebay. I spent almost $250 for it. But I'm happy. I had my doubts on the shipping without it getting damaged. But the seller packed it very well. If you all are hunting Riv parts on Ebay check this guy out bestoffercounts. I just had to someone how thrilled I am to get a good dash pad. My wife really didn't give a damn. Bill

I have looked for almost 2 years for a dash pad for my '65. I pulled the trigger on a used pad on Ebay. I spent almost $250 for it. But I'm happy. I had my doubts on the shipping without it getting damaged. But the seller packed it very well. If you all are hunting Riv parts on Ebay check this guy out bestoffercounts. I just had to someone how thrilled I am to get a good dash pad. My wife really didn't give a damn. Bill

I give a damn, but, no pics, DIDN'T happen!!! Those are the rules!:P

Guest onedesertdog

Wow, 2 years:eek:. Great he packaged it good.

I was noticing mine on the 65 is seriously needing replaced or redone.

Also that thingy behind the back seats, what ever goes there.:o

Rex,

NO, the pads do not exhchange. The 63 has only a defroster vent whereas the 64/65 has the radio speaker grill AND the defroster vent.

Be very cautioous of any seller when he/she says "fits 63/64/65" For example - the console tops for each year are unique. Different placement of HVAC controls and different shifter quadrants. Some parts of each are interchangeable, but not complete units. All three year shifters are different too.

Ed

Guest Kinmann

You got a great deal! I was thinking about buying that but it is not a true '63.

The guy you bought it from is James. He is a great guy and has lots of Riv parts. Ive dealt with him several times and he is true to his word. Always truthful about the condition, shipping, etc!

Great find! Glad ya got one!

I'm going to dye the dash pad Sat. The pad is black. I have saddle interior. I always thought the stock brown pad in the car now looks out of place. It is much darker than the saddle color of the interior. Do you think it would look better dyed a saddle color to match the rest of the interior? Or darker as it is now. Keep in mind My car isn't a stock exterior color. So I really don't care about originality too much. I just want it to look good. Opinions please.

In my opinion, it can either match or compliment the seats. I think that as long as it's the same color as the package tray it will look good. This car has black carpets, that probably helps.

Here's a picture of a a chopped '65 that was at the ROA event in Galena in '65 that shows saddle interior with a black dash. I threw in the pictue of the trunk and matching golf bag for grins.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I finally dyed the dash pad. And put it in. The color is real close to original. Lots of prep and still fought fish-eye. I really cleaned the thing. I used soap and water, wax and grease remover (several times), and even laquer thinner. I sprayed adhesion promoter first. And several light coats of color. Then the first wet coat I put on I got a little fisheye in a couple of spots. I was able to mist the areas and hide it. It looks SO much better than the old one.

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

Guest rsmalling

hey BB, your Dash looks and interior look awesome man! Paint came out real fine.

Yeah I like my trunk man! I wont put anything in it either! :D