1953 OEM NOS windshield date codes

59 98

I have a NOS windshield for my 53 Roadmaster Estate wagon, and I would like to know if anyone is familiar with the date coding on OEM glass. It has the etched 'Shaded' and 'Safety Plate' with the LOF diagonal in the box and the date code is AS-1-EB.

I am sure it is not a 53-produced windshield, but am just curious as to how old it is.

Any help is appreciated

Matt

Thanks a ton, Bill! Much appreciated. I knew the windshield was an older one due to the logo and the thickness, but just was curious as to how old.

Yes, there is an old beater 53 Roadmaster estate lurking in the barn, which I have had for about 10 years. Found it in a warehouse under an inch of dust two (2!) blocks from my shop. It came with two truckloads of NOS and good used 53 parts - windshield included, parts books, manuals, another complete and nice original 53 Roadmaster sedan, 2 sets of Skylark wires, and an awesome vintage Jacobs longboard.

Thanks again!

Matt

Guest my3buicks
Thanks a ton, Bill! Much appreciated. I knew the windshield was an older one due to the logo and the thickness, but just was curious as to how old.

Yes, there is an old beater 53 Roadmaster estate lurking in the barn, which I have had for about 10 years. Found it in a warehouse under an inch of dust two (2!) blocks from my shop. It came with two truckloads of NOS and good used 53 parts - windshield included, parts books, manuals, another complete and nice original 53 Roadmaster sedan, 2 sets of Skylark wires, and an awesome vintage Jacobs longboard.

Thanks again!

Matt

Now Matt, that just sounds like bragging LOL as I and I am sure most that read it sit here green with envy

Guest martylum

I'm certainly glad this issue was introduced. I have a 53 Buick 76X windshield I just removed and was planning to replace. It had code KA, which seems to translate to 1953.

I reconsidering whether or not to replace as this seems to be the car's original windshield.

Martin Lum

1953 Buick 76 X windshield

I'm certainly glad this issue was introduced. I have a 53 Buick 76X windshield I just removed and was planning to replace. It had code KA, which seems to translate to 1953.

I reconsidering whether or not to replace as this seems to be the car's original windshield.

Martin Lum

1953 Buick 76 X windshield

From what you give, it looks like an April, 1953 date on that glass.

Buick judging does not matter on date codes for glass. Not like Corvettes.