FS Craigslist 1929 Stutz Blackhawk Sedan

ShawnLancaster

Just browsing Craigslist and ran across this ad for a Blackhawk Sedan. I'm not the owner, just passing this along: 1929 Blackhawk Stutz

Here's also the text from the ad:

1929 Blackhawk Stutz - $45000 (Eastside)

Date: 2011-11-26, 3:53PM PST

Reply to: sale-9rg7b-2722058821@craigslist.org

In 1929 Henry Ford made somewhere around 1.9 million cars. Stutz made 1100. In the entire history of Stutz, they only built 35,000. The most well known is the Stutz Bearcat, driven by Clark Gable. The Stutz Blackhawk is a 4 door sedan. It is two tone, a dark brown and cream. It is beautiful both inside and out. The engine runs well but the dual carbs need to be balanced. The interior lights work on and off so there is a short. The car originally had a single barrel updraft Carburator. However, the flaw for that year was that it was made out of Zinc and magneseum. Zinc being fragil and magneseum being flammable. The car ran rough at best when I got it 8 years ago. Through the "Stutz club", contact was made with a guy that knew the car well. He suggested that I purchase 2 single barrel carburators and take the original manifold to a hot rod shop and have a new made to allow for both carbs. He said that it would run like it just came off of the showroom floor. This was a $5000 expense. While it does run much better then when I got it, the carbs need to be balanced. The car sits in the heated garage day in and out only being driven occasional. It is up on jack stands and can be started and transmission worked. It needs to find an owner that will love and use. This car is the Model "M" Long wheelbase Sedan. It is currently insured through Haggerty and they agreed that the minimun value is $50,000. I can take pics from my phone and send to a cell. Computer died and wont be repaired for a week. Thanks for looking.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2722058821

The ad is where the mistake is. The long wheels base Model "M" doesn't jive with "Blackhawk" but that is a fairly common misunderstanding among non-Stutz gurus.

As an aside, I always chuckle when somebody wants to give a history lesson (an incorrect one usually too) on the general marque instead of a history lesson on the car they are selling.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Oldcartech

are you saying Stutz never made a Blackhawk Sedan or the M series did not have a Blackhawk sedan?