More auto related pins

Related items here - stickpins with automobile scripts. I've got only three over the years so they must be pretty scarce. I've seen these for the following cars - are there any others anyone has or might be aware of?

Jackson

Buick

Speedwell

Pierce

Packard

The three I've got are

Maxwell

Mitchell

Cutting

post-30751-143138738711_thumb.jpg

Terry,In my collection I have a gold and silver stick pin of George Seldens original 1877 road wagon that was the basis of his famous patent and law suit.The body has blue enameling. The makers mark on the back is Bastion Bros. Rochester,NY(founded in 1895,and still in business). I have never seen another like it and consider it to be very rare. Sorry but I'm unable to post a photo at this time. --Bob

That Selden pin sounds great. Post a pic when you get a chance. Sorry I missed seeing you at Hershey Bob, always enjoy visiting and sharing info on our latest discoveries. Our house remodeling is nearing completion and with the last coat of paint going on, the framed goodies are starting to come out of the closet. I've got some small showcases to bring in from the barn too and will be stuffing them with little things that have been packed away for about three years now. Sure do miss the stuff. Anxiously awaiting some spare time over the winter to polish some brass and sort out.

Terry

The Pierce pin you mention is probably not car related. It has a banner under the "Pierce" that states "cycles are best", thus it relates to the bicycles, not the cars.

I've not seen one for cars only. I have a couple of the cycle ones (as my Pierce Arrow memorabilia collection extends to Buffalo made bicycles).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Terry,

herewith a picture of two additional stick pins like yours; those are from my collection and show the emblems of Glide and Hallaway.

There is also a similar Cadillac pin now on ebay, for which the seller asks $ 124.95 (see number 190606808209).

Although those pins might be old, they obviously are not original pins ordered or made by the automobile companies. Maybe that someone on this forum knows more about them ?

Also: I am still looking to buy or swap old and original lapel badges of automobile, truck or motorcycle makes.

post-61511-143138756322_thumb.jpg

Sent you a message, don't have too many extras but if you would consider a swap of some kind let me know.

Terry

thanks, I'll dig out some stuff and get a few pics off to see if there is something of interest. Youve got a great collection.

Terry

I'm now the proud owner of an IHC pin thanks to Jolly John. It's a great addition to my small but growing collection. Herve - have not forgotten about you - will hopefully have some time to get into a box of stuff and see if I've got any duplicate pins for you. I don't expect much because that collection is very small also. I did have one of our founding club members give me a few of the pins he had saved and that was the start.

Terry