Washer Bottle Bracket

bepnewt

I'd say that probably all of the washer bottles that Buick used are the same. They would hold a small triangular shaped bottle of washer fluid concentrate. You'd add some of the concentrate to some water and wala! - washer fluid.

That would mount on the front of the passenger's side inner fender.

Next you'll need to find a good bottle with the proper label and cap. Good luck - :)

Ed

Thanks, Ed. I'll grab that one from him.

Luckily, I'm not doing a restoration so I am not concerned about labels, etc. I believe I've seen the bottles for about $30 on CARS or one of those place. I'm not sure if it had the label or not. I'd look right now, but I'm heading over to the local Auto AC place who said they can test these R-12 canisters to see if they really are R-12.

-BEPNewt

Guest Kingoftheroad

you looking for the correct washer fluid bottle for your 64 Riv ??

That doesn't look like what I got in my 64 Riv.

I can get a pic for you if your interested.

Edited by Kingoftheroad (see edit history)

There are two fluid bottles on those old Buicks. The big white plastic one that holds the fluid and is connected to the pump, then there's the smaller glass bottle that holds a concentrate. The big white plastic one is up near the brake booster, the smaller glass one is on the inner fender below the a/c compressor and behnd the horns.

(pause)

I just went to the garage and looked at both the '63 and the '64. The '63 has the same holder and bottle where I said it would be, but the '64 has only the two mounting holes in the inner fender. Don't know if it was never there or the previous owner removed it. Paint indicates it was never installed. :confused:

Some one else with a '64 that's "known to be authentic" will have to chime in. Brian, I took a couple of pictures and will post them if YOU ask me to. Right now, downloading pictures is a PITA with this new computer.

All GM companies used the same bottle and bracket. You can find replacements from some of the bigger Chevy repo companies. The differences are in the decals used on the bottle from year to year.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest Kingoftheroad
There are two fluid bottles on those old Buicks. The big white plastic one that holds the fluid and is connected to the pump, then there's the smaller glass bottle that holds a concentrate. The big white plastic one is up near the brake booster, the smaller glass one is on the inner fender below the a/c compressor and behnd the horns.

Ed

Ah, ok, good to know.... Thanks

N2Buicks is a true standup guy so I'd say if he's listing it as a Riv part, it's a Riv part. That being said, I have one I pulled from my car when I put the fuse box in that location that I'm not needing, so if it falls through or you don't want to take a chance on it I'd let mine go for the same price.

Thanks, everyone. I'm going through with the purchase on the one I linked.

It's not a part I need right now, but I will eventually. I haven't even looked to see if I need the other container - I just knew I didn't have this bracket or the glass bottle.

No need for pics, but I appreciate the offer.

-BEPNewt