1955 HAND WRITTEN BUILD SHEETS

55 SURVIVOR

I FOUND 3 HAND WRITTEN BUILD SHEETS IN MY 1955 BUICK MODEL 43,2 ARE CORRECT FOR MY CAR 1 IS NOT.ONE WAS UNDER THE SEAT SPRINGS DRIVER SIDE FRONT,UNDER THE CARPET BEHIND THE DRIVER SEAT,AND ONE FRONT PASSENGER BACK CORNER MOULDING.2 OF THEM FOR MY CAR READ AS SUCH- "879"IS AT THE TOP OF PAGE[bUILD #?) 4439 43 BAA446 A-H-I-Q-R-B-D-F-M THE OTHER"1" HAS "842" AT TOP THEN 4469 41 BRR 440 A-H-I-K-R-B-D-F-M ANYONE KNOW THE "OPTION CODE" LETTERS MEAN? THANKS MARK

Would love to see pictures of those build sheets, any chance of taking some or maybe scanning and sharing them with us

A-Dynaflow

H-Deluxe Steering Wheel

I- Easy Eye Glass

Q-R White Wall Tires - Oversize (7.60 X 15)

B- Defroster and Heater

D-Radio (Sono) & Ant. (Manual)

F- Safety group (the safety group included Back up lights, Windshield Washer, Glare Proof Mirror, Parking Brake Signal Light

M-Accessory Group- (the accessory group included chrome wheel covers, electric clock, trunk light and license plate frame)

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

THESE ARE THE BUILD SHEETS I FOUND IN MY CAR,2 ARE FOR MY CAR 1 IS FROM SOMETHING ELSE.NOTICE THE NUMBER AT THE TOP,# OF THE BUILD?[PRODUCTION NUMBER} FOR THE WEEK? THIS CAR WAS BUILT AT THE WILMINGTON PLANT,SPENT IT'S WHOLE LIFE IN PHILADELPHIA,WAS IN THE FAMILY UNTIL 2007,ORIGINAL OWNER DIED IN 1975,DAUGHTER HAD IT TILL 2007.

• 11 months later...

In addition to the build sheet, this picture shows some scribbling on the firewall I discovered after removing the engine. In blue is written "BSS" which is my paint code, and below it is "46" which may be the body type (even though my car is a 66R). Written in white is "85" which I have no idea what it means. Any thoughts?

post-72478-143139239441_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

TOM, that is so cool that you could enlarge that image of the build sheet to be almost readable! Was that a download or do you have an original photo print?

• 2 weeks later...