Wanted McCord Oiler

Guest brassnutboyz

Guest imported_brassnutboyz

We are still looking for a McCord Oiler to finish a project. We will pay 1000.00

finders fee that leads to the purchase of a correct oiler for this project. I have pictures of what is correct if you think you have what we need. It is in an aluminum case and is driven from the side of the Oiler that bolts to the side of the engine. It says Class "R" on the brass tag and has a total of 9 oil outlets. Hcoker7118@aol.com

post-33128-143138736888_thumb.jpg

Edited by imported_brassnutboyz
to put in picture (see edit history)

If you have not seen this site, it might provide you with a few leads. Smokstak.com

I have found some rare items on this site and the engine ads can link you to a variety of collectors. I did see a few McCord oilers at the Edmiston auction, but none were nine port. Some industrial applications may have used them. That is a very high number of ports for early autos. What type of auto uses nine ports?

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, the scammers and frauds turn the picture around and send it back to me to try to prove they have what we need. I dont know how to get around that problem. Harold

Most of us have never been under a 50 Hp thomas hood,,,,or it was so long ago,,,like the body Rod and I brought back from Edenboro Pa back in sept '55,,,Pics would be good,,

I doubt there are any Thomas parts overseas,,,and we have a good network for friends checking here,,

If a multi unit can be found,,,,,perhaps an alloy box can be fabricated,,provided the drive arrangement is compatible,,

I have had 5 drippers,,but only one 8 drip,,,but it was in an iron box,,round belt drive,on the end,, I know this doesn't help,,but may put some light on the rare piece,,,Cheers,,Ben

One thing you can do is make a very subtle change in the photo, something that would not be noticed, like making a screw head too big ... the idea is that if a scammer sends it back to you, you'll know that it is the same picture.

It takes serious photo editing software to do this so if it isn't available to you, PM me. I'll take a shot at it... I can't guarantee I can do it (because I haven't seen what photos you have) but I edit and repair photos all the time in my work. I'm a brass car guy too and I'd like to see you find the part.

Ben, the oiler drives with a shaft on the back side of the picture shown on the first thread here. Is does not have a pully. My recollection is that it drives from the cam shaft. The oiler has four "feet" or mounting spots on the side where it is driven from. No drip is visible. Ben I know you have lots of parts , hope you have one of these. Harold