Rough Day....

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

You ever have one of those days working on your car where, at the end of said day, you sit down and think to yourself, "Why didn't I get more done today?" Sometimes it seems like you work your butt off all day and then have nothing much to show for it at the end. I spent all day today working on putting my new bumper bullets back on and at the end of it, not only are they not put back on, but I have discovered that my bumper is slightly bent on one side causing the bullet on that side to not match up right. I guess it's been that way since I bought it but it's one of those things where you don't notice it until you're working on it. It didn't help either that when I began trying to put the new bullets back on I realized that they were bent pretty badly in several places. I had to hammer and bend them as well.....ahhhh well, just another day in the life of a car nut!! Thanks for listening to me vent. Hope you had a more productive day than I!

Guest Kingoftheroad

Yep, I've had those days but, I've also had days where I went just to tinker with the car here & there and ended up getting ALOT DONE !!

Guest shadetree77

Yeah, I have those days occasionally, but they sure do seem rare!! Had a slightly better day today. Got my torque converter drained. Man, that ancient transmission fluid stinks!! One more thing done in my ongoing battle with the oiling system. Also got my bullets back on. Had to do some "rigging" to get them lined up half way decent. They're still off some and there's now a gap between them and the bumper, but with my bumper bent up like that it's never gonna be perfect. Guess I need to add a new bumper to my ever-growing Buick wish list. Got my freshly re-painted hood ornament put back on too. Looks pretty good. Other than the cold rain and busting the crap out of two of my fingers, I'd have to say I had a pretty good day.:D

Guest Kingoftheroad
Yeah, I have those days occasionally, but they sure do seem rare!! Had a slightly better day today. Got my torque converter drained. Man, that ancient transmission fluid stinks!! One more thing done in my ongoing battle with the oiling system. Also got my bullets back on. Had to do some "rigging" to get them lined up half way decent. They're still off some and there's now a gap between them and the bumper, but with my bumper bent up like that it's never gonna be perfect. Guess I need to add a new bumper to my ever-growing Buick wish list. Got my freshly re-painted hood ornament put back on too. Looks pretty good. Other than the cold rain and busting the crap out of two of my fingers, I'd have to say I had a pretty good day.:D

LOL, Christmas is coming, now is the time to complete that list...

Guest Harold Phillips

From an old body man, before you wrench the first bolts tight get all started and align and center as you go. A couple old screw jacks to support and level really help,and if you can split the difference it might help. hope this idea helps

Guest Century55sedan

Well, it took me 6 months to get rid of an entire 1955 century totally dismantled, every useable part taken off, cut to shreds and hauled away. Now its time to actually put the car back together. I usually notice my time is taken up by drinking beers and kickin the bs with my friends who keep me company while I work.

Guest shadetree77

Well, I have consumed my fair share of beers but none of my friends are into cars. I work alone 90% of the time so I don't have an excuse!:D I usually get quite a bit done, but every now and then I just have "one of those days". Wish I had the patience to stop and take pictures of everything while I'm doing it and start a little daily entry on this section of the forum. I really like reading your entries Century55sedan and others like member "Smartin". They really are motivating and informative. I always forget to stop and take pictures though. I get caught up in what I'm doing and when I get done I think, "Man, I should have taken pictures during all that."

The picture taking part is very valuable but a royal PIA. Once I'm greasy I hate to pick up the camera for fear of ruining it. then again, when I've finished some work project I didn't like the results and I didn't have the guts to post the pictures.

Guest Caribou

Yeah, I've had a couple days now where I broke more things than I fixed.

Usually that means it's time to find a nice comfy chair and a bottle of single malt.

The picture taking part is very valuable but a royal PIA. Once I'm greasy I hate to pick up the camera for fear of ruining it. then again, when I've finished some work project I didn't like the results and I didn't have the guts to post the pictures.

I know what you mean..... I keep looking for one of those kind of cameras like what Smartin must have. The kind that makes everything look perfect. ....and easy......

Guest Century55sedan

I have one of those fancy new cellular telephone with camera and flash, so it makes it easier than getting the big camera dirty.