Mecum aution

JWC

1990 Reatta conv. went for $4900 over the weekend, not sure of the miles but it was a real nice looking car. They didn't have alot to say about the Reatta, slamed it a little but not too bad, so for those of us HOPING our cars will shoot up in value my opinoin is they won't, sorry this is only my opinion from watching some of the other cars that didn't do well when they first came out.

Guest steveskyhawk

Cars similar to this have sold for three times as much in Hemmings. One auction in the rust belt does not determine all prices. I predict that by the middle of 2013 Reatta prices will skyrocket.

Somebody got a deal. That looks like a very nice car. Regardless of the milage. If the milage is under 100,000, it's worth at least twice someone paid for it. If someone put a new top on, then about 3 times that price.

I think once AACA starts allowing Reattas the prices will start going up. So between 2013 and 2017 Reatta prices will double if not triple.

It doesn't matter if I believe my cars will increase in value the fact is they are not a wide spread collectible car, they are only to us and I would not buy in hope of the value going up, I enjoy my Reattas. So believe if you want.

Hope you have a lot of space. I have the same problem & am out. Even with six vehicles indoors (inc 21 ft Vixen) I really need to dispose of at least one, either the Fiero or the Black 'vert - really three 'verts for a single person is just silly.

Maybe both, my current date prefers her Jeep to my "small" cars (interesting that her Jeep and my Reattae are the same length, width, and weight, major difference is that the Jeep is a foot taller) & am now thinking about a GMC "Terrain", Acadia/Enclave are just too heavy).

Padgett we have a total of 8 cars (not all Reatta's) I have enough room to store them all inside and we are still thinking about adding on to our garage to fit more..........just in case, if you have room for a car lift you can store 2 cars in the same space, just put one up and the other under.

Problem is that I live in a mid scale neighborhood with sidewalks and covenants (about a mile from Universal Studios). Was hard enough to get approvals for what I had (back garage had to become a "garage-workshop" to comply with code).

Would have room for one more if I just throw out all of the junque (mostly NOS junk though).

Have looked into lifts several times but anything that could lift the 6,300 lb Vixen is either too big or unaffordable.

Guest steveskyhawk

The best storage/workshop deal in the country is renting a small aircraft hangar. I have an old 172 with Reattas parked under its wings. Plenty of room for parts and a workbench, table shelves etc. Best thing is that it is less than a mile from my house