For sale: 1930 Chrysler sedan

Well, I have the information for the purchase of this Chrysler this time. It's a 1930 Chrysler Series Six (I believe that the '66' has more of a curve to the lower portion of the upper radiator panel), 4/dr, 6 cyl, has a clear title, stored in same garage since late 30's or early 40's. Located in Lauderdale Lakes area of Elkhorn, Wisconsin. Selling for 4K; and contact is: Ross @ phone 262-742-2431 cell (619)818 0926.

Looks to me to be a very decent car.

Please do not contact me about this car....I am only relaying the information. Thanks, John

post-37352-143138632726_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138632738_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138632749_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14313863276_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest namvetschrysler

That engine looks a bit sus , well i have never seen an engine like that in all the 66's i have seen, Distributor on the side? water expansion plugs?, just don't look right.

That engine looks a bit sus , well i have never seen an engine like that in all the 66's i have seen, Distributor on the side? water expansion plugs?, just don't look right.

That might be because it's a "CJ6" or "new Series Six" as they called it. It is NOT a '66'.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

This car in the picture is a 1930 Chrysler CJ-6 exactly like the one that I am presently restoring.

It is pristine and un adulterated. It also has the original splash pans in the engine compartment. They are full of nuts and acorns in the picture.

Being that the splash pans are still intact shows that the CJ never had any real maintenance issues with the motor because they were always the first thing taken off the car for easy access.

That clean, un cluttered firewall is typical to the CJ, also.

She looks ALL original. I bet that blanket is a seat cover for the seat and not a repair.

MY WIFE SAID.... NO!!!

Bill H

Guest namvetschrysler

Oh! should have read the post correctly, have not seen that model here in Aus, but that's not to say it didn't come here.

regards

This car in the picture is a 1930 Chrysler CJ-6 exactly like the one that I am presently restoring.

It is pristine and un adulterated. It also has the original splash pans in the engine compartment. They are full of nuts and acorns in the picture.

Being that the splash pans are still intact shows that the CJ never had any real maintenance issues with the motor because they were always the first thing taken off the car for easy access.

That clean, un cluttered firewall is typical to the CJ, also.

She looks ALL original. I bet that blanket is a seat cover for the seat and not a repair.

MY WIFE SAID.... NO!!!

Bill H

Somehow, I got lucky....as far as cars are concerned my wife does not have the word "no" in her vocabulary.

Somehow, I got lucky....as far as cars are concerned my wife does not have the word "no" in her vocabulary.

John, I don't think you know HOW lucky you are. My wife has never said yes to my hobby. The only reason I have my Maxwell to work on is it was a gift from my uncle and she's still fighting me!

Howard Dennis

Aside from the rust on the bumpers and the odd headlight, this car looks like it could clean up nice. This looks like a true survivor.

So no one has snapped it up?

I don't mind the front bumper...it looks like it belongs on a '31, anyway.

Keiser

You need to buy the CJ weather you can afford it or not. I / you could have it running in an hour.

I was thinking about selling gold, silver coins, Civil War artifacts, a pistol, 2, 22 rifles,and a metal detector, to raise money for half the car and go into savings for the rest. (I'll save the loot to finance my new interior).

Then I think about the brakes, fuel system, the running boards, oil leaks / seals, tires and a place to store it.

I better leave it alone and concentrate on the 47,000 original mile CJ that I have that is 85% ready to paint.

My wife hates "junk" cars too.

Bill H