1965 impala cruise control

Guest liljoe66

Guest liljoe66

I want to sell my 1965 impala cruise/speed control unit and do not know how much it is worth. I have all the parts to include the control arms, harnesses, sensor switch and clip, and mounting brackets. Does anyone have an idea what it is worth????

Two years ago, I purchase a new aftermarket cruse control unit, installed, on a Ford Focus for $300.00.

The desirability of your unit depends on the application. Is the buyer going to use it on a driver and not judge it, or as a trailer queen for show only, or something in between? You didn't say if the unit is operational or if the condition shows usage and age. Photos will be a great help in establishing the value.

Guest 61 flxible

Im restoring a 65 Impala 4dr,ht postless for my fathers surprise retirement! And that cruise control unit would suit him well. If you still have it and figure out what your asking price is, IM VERY INTERESTED!!!! Also looking for an original dash pad or anything else if price is right. Only got 1yr 3mths left to finish!

If it is complete and works, and doesn't require much cosmetic restoration, I would think in the $700-900 range. It's an uncommon option and desirable for folks who have a high-option SS or Caprice. An NOS one would easily go for $1500 or more in current Impala circles.

This is the one that the control mounts under left side of dash, right? Do you have the installation instructions as that will mean a lot on an option like this. Let's just say that pre-1969 GM Cruise Control was "different".

Guest liljoe66

I have all parts minus the extra speedo cable that goes from the transmission to the device. When I bought the vehicle 3 months ago it was the only part not included. The speedo cable that hooks the transmission to the device has two large ends that are identical not one large end and one small end like the speedo cable that goes from the speedomter gauge to the transmission. here is a photo after removing it and wiping it down. The unit is rust free and ready to install. I never checked to see if it worked because I never purchased the other speedo cable as I planned on removing the unit. It is now on ebay for the next week or so. The ebay item number is 270794221731 I have about 8 photos to view on this item.

post-77741-143138622927_thumb.jpg

Edited by liljoe66 (see edit history)

• 9 months later...