Goodbye folks

Guest Telco

Guest Telco

The Reatta is gone, as are all the parts I had and the manual. And now, it is time for me to go. Thanks for the help with the car, and I hope I was able to provide some small amount of help to others here. You guys are as fine a bunch of car nuts as I've ever been associated with. Unfortunately though, the version of automotive obsession I'm blessed with doesn't quite mesh with the version you all share.

While I'd always wanted a Reatta, after having had one I now have to wonder why I wanted one. It was a stinkin' front wheel drive! AUGH! Just can't be having with all that! I'm also not the sort that enjoys tracking down just the right part through thick and thin for months before finding it stuck in the back of some old abandoned garage either. When I get a vision for what I want to do I just want to grab a computer, bash out a few orders and get'er done. The hunt is meaningless to me, it's the end result I'm after. Unfortunately, for a car like the Reatta you must be the sort that enjoys the hunt since the car just isn't supported well by the aftermarket.

Anyway, I wish you all luck with your obsession. While I won't be back to the Reatta board as I never intend to buy another one, I may see you around on some of the other boards here. 1970s GM muscle cars ARE well supported by the aftermarket, and are proper RWD V8s. :D If I have my way about it, I'll own another Skylark or Cutlass Supreme one day. It's unlikely I'd have kept the Reatta as long as I did if I hadn't had the support here, and it would have gone to salvage rather than another sucker... ummm, I mean enthusiast. :P

Edited by Telco (see edit history)

The Buick Reatta needs nothing.It comes with it, power seats,CD player,sunroof,or convertible are the only options. Oh yes the paint options and the select 60 package.

I have 60's (well 1970) muscle for when I feel antisocial and want to waste some premium.

This time of year something that starts right now, has cold a/c, and is easy to drive is appreciated. No-one ever said you had to have just one.

GTO is being finicky. Oil sender is sending 50 psi and guage is reading 20. YATTF.

Guest Richard D

Living where it does not snow I am not crazy about front wheel drive either. However I don't drive the Reatta like it is a rear wheel drive muscle car. It is a pleasure to drive without spinning the tires at stoplights. That's what the 71 Skylark is for. Plus mine has no torque steer, if that's what you want try an early 90s SHO.

Part of the amazing thing is that this group is getting known as a resource for anything with an early 3800 like my other other hobby, the Vixen. Really odd thing is that my Vixen is BMW powered because the 3800 version had a high roof that won't fit in my garage.

Guest Telco

Heh heh... no, I'm hooked on the automobile, just not the Reatta. I'll never be able to get past how impossible it is to get new parts. The front wheel drive is intolerable to me too, even though I recognise that some folks have no problem with it and others (for some odd reason) seem to prefer it. No matter.

I've requested the admins to cancel my account, and when I depart tonight I'll be scrambling my password so I'll never return. If I come back with another antique I'll be using another user name but if I recognise anyone on whatever board I'll mention who I am

Enjoy the automania folks, even though I couldn't get hooked into the Reatta I can respect the desire and the hobby. Onward and upward, and good luck to all.

This thread is strange to me....Its too bad that the car was the only tie and you are cutting out and completely leaving the community behind.

For me its the community and then a car, hell I'm a '54 guy but always linger in all car areas. Bahhh, no matter, C'est la vie....hope you find what it is your looking for. Sounds like you were a good car guy and hope you find your place in the hobby.

Que Sera, Sera......

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)