Runway Enduro 75 Tires?

Guest Rob J

Guest Rob J

Anybody using these tires on their Riv? They have a nice looking 1 1/8" whitewall on them, they are radials, seem like a decent tire, and are inexpensive, about $80.00 a piece for 215/75/15's

I saw them on another Riv, and they look nice.

Another economy tire from China. I have a student that manages a tire shop here in San Diego that says they are decent but that is as far as our conversation went. What is getting difficult to find for our Rivs and other old cars is a reasonably priced radial tire with a white stripe. If you can tolerate a thinner white stripe about 1/2 ", I prefer the Kumho KR-21. I was skeptical at first being an economy Korean tire but put my first set on a 76 Rolls-Royce as it is a dealer recommended replacement to satisfy the factory load rating requirements and white stripe preferences from owners. I installed another set on my 78 Bentley and my 64 Riv. The online reviews are accurate. Long lasting, smooth ride and VERY quiet. Also, good handling on all of these heavy car applications. I always purchased Michelins but they no longer make white stripe tires in many of the sizes I need for my cars. Just my 2 cents.

Guest Rob J

Yep, that's the problem. Not really any mainstream tire makers have white walls any longer. It seems we have to either go with one of these economy tires, or one of the expensive specialty branded tires.

I've been running Hankook tires on all of my cars recently. I know that a fellow 84 Riv owner just put a set of WW 215/75R15s on his car recently and has drivent it extensively and, just like me, has found them very well built and reasonably priced.

Ed

Isn't 225x75x15 the correct size? My 65 came with 215s and the speedo was over reading and the engine was working hard.

I put 235x75x15s on finally, these most closely replicate the original cross ply diameter but the fronts do foul the inners slightly on full lock. On balance for a stock car 225s seem the best compromise. ,

• 2 months later...

I think I'm going to go ahead and buy a set of these tires (unless anybody can steer me in a better direction), as they seem like the best thing out there given the price to looks to performance ratio. Will be putting them on my white 401 65.

Coopers are nice looking tires with the white stripe. I really dont care for the all the texture/ribbing on some the newer tires. Coopers have a plain sidewall with the stripe.

What model/series/size Cooper tire are you referring to?

Thanks.

Here is a pic of the Runway's installed on a 65 I found. I really like the look of them with the larger white wall. I do not like the thin whitewall stripe.

C102172.jpg

C102113.jpg

I like the look of Hankook tires. I may go that route next time.

I've been running Hankook tires on all of my cars recently. I know that a fellow 84 Riv owner just put a set of WW 215/75R15s on his car recently and has drivent it extensively and, just like me, has found them very well built and reasonably priced.

Ed

When I was shopping for new tires for my '68 two years ago I was pleased to find that Kelly tires are still made in the USA. I also believe that Goodyear is their parent company. I bought a nice set of Kelly Navigator Golds in 235/75/15 for around $100 each installed and out the door (if I remember corrctly). The whitewall is arouind 5/8" wide. I believe this model falls in the premium all season radial category. I've run them for the past two summers now and have been very happy with them. Don't know if the Navigator model is still available, but maybe worth a look to see what Kelly has to offer as a possible alternative to puting an Asian tire on your Buick.