Horn Bracket for '25

MikeC5

Its painless. The drawing would be the pre-bent form that could be cut out with a CNC plasma cutter. When done you would think the holes were drilled not cut! The drawing I have is in AutoCad which the CNC operator can insert into his computer. I have had replacement gears cut this way with fantastic results.

Right now i'm working on a headlight bar drawing for the '26 & '27's and then on to the front and rear bumpers and brackets.

I'm out of town on business but will be back on my computer Saturday and locate it for you.

Bill

Hello Ron! The gears were for the carriage feed on an old Rockford lathe. Small spur gear approx. 1-1/4" dia. and 1" wide so they were cut from 1" plate. Most modern fab shops can burn most anything now. Water jet blasting to cut steel is within 0.002" tolerance in dimensions. Plasma gets it within 0.005".

The best part is it's all numerical control. You creat a digital drawing and the plasma takes the coordinates (X, Y, Z) and burns the shape. Cool stuff!

A small CNC Plasma cutter 6' x 6' table with 1/4" capabilities is around 15K. A person would have to sell a boatload of brackets to pay for itself.

Bill

Even a couple of good photos of the bracket (uninstalled) would do. It would be easy enough to scale everything by the head bolt distance for the mount holes. Even a hand sketch of a top, front and side view would do it. I appreciate the effort.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, it was a pickup converted to a tractor, so I was told. It is stripped. I saved the transmission, flywheel housing and clutch assembly, which includes the pedals and brake lever. I was saving them just in case the trans will fit my two DB's. The radiator cover was still there, but is bent, although no through rust. Willy

• 4 years later...