almost too clean to Pro Tour

Guest sureshotcustoms505

Guest sureshotcustoms505

i finally found a clean 64 rivi for a new pro touring project, iv been wanting to do an ls3 six speed conversion, got the motor and tranny, heights suspention components, and the stance i want already picked out... HERES the trouble, i popped the hood for the first time and saw the super wildcat 425, which is appearantly very rare, and runs like the wind, i might add, im just not so sure how rare. Too rare to chop up?

An LS3, six speed, and all the goodies are for yourself. Rare (and not that rare) are for someone else. Well..... the other stuff might be for conformity to a certain group.

Make it the car of your dreams.

Bernie

2,122 out of 35,536 Rivieras were equipped with the Super Wildcat engine (A9 option) You might be money ahead to sell this to a Riviera buff for some real money and use it to find yourself another one. You can buy lots of cars w/o engines for a steal. That would keep everyone happy. Just make sure that it's a #'s matching car. Look for a "KW" production code on the machined surface where the valley cover sits. Then check to see that the VIN on the block matches the VIN on the cowl. Numbers matching dual four cars are very much in demand. One such car just won Best of Show at the annual Riviera Owners meet. Here's a link to TeamBuick.com that will show you where to find the numbers.

Team Buick

I'm not trying to be a thorn in your side, but if you take a nailhead out of a Riviera and replace it with a "Belly Button" crate motor, you won't get too much sympathy or help from the Riviera/Nailhead lovers. I don't know the dimensions of the power train that you want to install, but remember, the Riviera sits on an X frame and there's not much room in there for a manual transmission w/ linkage and tailshaft. Most every custom Riviera I've seen still has the nailhead in it. They dress up "real purdy" and you get a lot of torque out of them to move a 4200 pound car.

Guest sureshotcustoms505

thanks i dont want to PO the resto guys, thats why i asked, i know they go for up to 90k with the chassis, suspention, and powerplant i have for it, but why fix a good thing, should i just restore it and sell it so i can fix up a roller insted?

Get rid of that boat anchor of an engine. They were crap from day one!!!

That LS3 will be much nicer.

In fact I'll even dispose of it for you. PM me and I'll send you a waybill # :D

Oh, and don't forget to make sure the carbs and air cleaner are with it..... you won't want them laying around. In fact they might even be toxic! LOL :rolleyes:

i finally found a clean 64 rivi for a new pro touring project, iv been wanting to do an ls3 six speed conversion, got the motor and tranny, heights suspention components, and the stance i want already picked out... HERES the trouble, i popped the hood for the first time and saw the super wildcat 425, which is appearantly very rare, and runs like the wind, i might add, im just not so sure how rare. Too rare to chop up?

Yeah, too rare. I'll trade you straight across for one of my '65s that needs an engine and tranny - plus you'll have the one-year-only vertical quad headlights that were on a Riv (very rare :D ). I'll even transport both! What a deal.

Mike

Hehe... Want to help me with my Buick powered SemiPro Touring Riviera?

Mine's packing a Grand National derived 4.1L Turbo6 and a switch pitch 400 till this winter when I swap in the 4L80E and push the engine back to even out the weight.

What were you planning to do to the suspension? That's my biggest unplanned area right now.

Oh.. and restore that one and find a roller or an "average" Riviera to do up with the corporate power plant.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CyberGolem
An LS3, six speed, and all the goodies are for yourself. Rare (and not that rare) are for someone else. Well..... the other stuff might be for conformity to a certain group.

Make it the car of your dreams.

Bernie

I couldn't agree more, and to help you complete this dream of yours I will gladly drive out and take that awful hunk of steel off your hands ;P

—Chaz

Guest Rob J

Please don't chop up a real Super Wildcat car. If you want something to chop up, I have a 65 parts car that doesn't have it's original engine and tranny. I'd be willing to sell the chassis and body for cheap.