2012 meet costs

The Old Guy

Joe,

We have everything ready to go for 2012 and the registration form will be on the July Bugle wrap and will have an info table in Danvers. Also I will be posting here all the show information with links to our website. We have been waiting until July 1 to announce anything, so that we do not tread on Danvers turf. Despite the fact that we have past the deadline for getting the registration in for the purposes of judging we felt it respectful to wait until July 1.

John is correct the meet is in Concord, NC outside of Charlotte.

Now as far as your question ...have I been able to reduce costs to where an average member can afford. The answer is yes and no. Some items are going to have less cost, some items are going to be about where they have been or higher. As you will see we have a combination of activities at various price ranges so that people can participate on tours in their price range. As you know tour buses add expense to tours so we have at lease two activities without tour buses. We also have two free activities, but to accomplish this they are self guided or are bare bones nothing included tours. On the items that cost more, we've tried to get as much value for the guest's dollar as possible. I think you will find that there is enough variety in options to meet most every budget. I know we cannot please everyone, but I can assure you we have done our best to provide options and we look forward to hosting as many BCA members as possible.

So....in a week it will all be announced and everyone can decide for themselves.

Edited by 38Buick 80C
grammar (see edit history)

Also we have worked hard and are excited about this event. It would be nice to have the support of the forum and present a positive message to those outside the club who may be interested in attending.

If I may request, please if anyone does not like something about our show or costs send me a private message about it instead of posting here on the forum for all outside the club to see. Out of respect to our hard work we would like to have a positive message about our show so that we have the most possible attendance.

That said I'm sure everyone will be excited too about attending and we'll have a tremendous show!!

Edited by 38Buick 80C (see edit history)

Brian - I like and appreciate the effort for the variety of costs. I look forward to seeing more details. If I recall, the dates may be a week earlier than this year? That will have implications for the kids being done school up here, so it may turn out to be just me...in that case, I'm thinking the Reatta makes sense to drive down, assuming I get it all straightened out.

Brian - I like and appreciate the effort for the variety of costs. I look forward to seeing more details. If I recall, the dates may be a week earlier than this year? That will have implications for the kids being done school up here, so it may turn out to be just me...in that case, I'm thinking the Reatta makes sense to drive down, assuming I get it all straightened out.

I have it marked on my calendar for the 27th-30th of June.

That may or may not be correct.. :o

Yes, June 27-30, 2012 are the dates.

And the inevitable question about heat in the south. Temps for this year on the 27-30th are

Mon 27th - High 86 Low 73

Tues 28 - High 93 Low 73

Wed 29th - High 91 Low 73

Thurs 30th - High 93 Low 73

Isolated t-storms predicted each day but only 30% chance... averages are high 91 and low 71. No mention of humidity in the extended forecast, but tomorrow it is 87 and 53% humidity.

This according to weather.com