What to do with that '23

Guest alex_houston

Guest alex_houston

I have posted the '23 for sale but still toying with what to do with it. Are there plans for a "truck builders body" anywhere so I could possibly just build a new body for it?

post-37333-14313855932_thumb.jpg

Guest alex_houston

The car was sold to me as a 1924.

I am told the serial number indicates it was built in November 1922. That date was apparently a year split when it is actually called a 1923.

Just because I painted a year model on the hood means nothing except I was trying to slow down the inquiries from many passers-by if it was 1940s or 30s. Some people just don't have a clue.

Guest alex_houston

I can do almost anything but I need plans to work from. Is a speedster easy to make from straight pieces of wood like a Truck Builder Body? A truck builder body looks easy to build. Does anyone have plans and photos for a speedster?

Just for historical accuracy: if the serial number indicates a Nov. 1922 build date then it's a '22. Until 1924 build date corresponded with the calendar year. (DBC News, Aug/Sept 2010). Good luck with your plans!

Guest 1930

You dont need plans, all you need is am imagination, have some fun with it and build it how you would like to see it

There are a lot of cars in similar condition from when wood framed bodies were popular. The wooden body did not stand up as well as the chassis.

For many the answer is to build a "woody" station wagon. At one time you could even buy a kit of precut wooden parts and fittings. These may still be available.

Try a web search for woody wagon kits or similar.

Later - I did a search and came up with this list, maybe it will help.

http://www.oldwoodies.com/resource-woodies-vendors.htm

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

Guest alex_houston

I am thinking of this from an old edition of DBC news. Only I just do not need another project right now but this sure is interesting. Couldn't take more than a couple days wood working.

post-37333-143138562872_thumb.jpg

Edited by alex_houston (see edit history)