Pierce-Arrow Trailer

I looked on the HMN site last Saturday and noticed a 13-foot Pierce-Arrow travel trailer for sale. It looked nice cosmetically, but I didn't care for all the modern downgrades like a/c. If you look at the ad, make sure you're not holding a cup of hot coffee...'cause you'll spill it when you see the price!

I believe I saw this trailer offered for sale not long ago in the 30-40K range, even that's a little pricey for one that's been modified (an original, with all original interior, would probably bring that).

Looks like a dealer got hold of it, and now has it advertised at silly money.................

11000 is not a bad price for a vintage trailer, albeit one with major modifications. The original interiors in these were really nice, nicely finished wood, leaded glass in cabinet doors, all very nicely done.

These were a last ditch effort by Pierce Arrow to find some way to stay in business. The George N. Pierce Company, later to be renamed Pierce Arrow Motor Car Company, made a wide diversity of products from inception to bankruptcy.

Starting with bird cages in the mid-1800's, they progressed to refrigerators (the ice kind), on to bicycles in the late 1800's, then to cars, trucks, and buses. The travel trailers were an attempt to cash in on the wanderlust of the late 1930's.