"Antique Automobile" magazine question asked...

keiser31

In regards to the question posted on page 96 of the May/June issue of the Antique Automobile magazine....the 1938 Chrysler that was built for Mrs. Chrysler came with the cloth cover over the driver. I believe that the metal cover was added later.

post-37352-143138541598_thumb.jpg

Mmm...you GOT me! Actually, with the photos that you posted, I see a "liftable panel" over the divider window, so it could very well have come with a steel roof panel that slides out to the windshield.

Also note the double-sided whitewalls, which is pertinent to the discussion elsewhere on this board...

I personally love town cars, and this one's shape really makes it look long and sleek. I'm not a fan of the front end of Chryslers of this vintage, but there's no denying this is one incredibly handsome car.

Also note the double-sided whitewalls, which is pertinent to the discussion elsewhere on this board...

I personally love town cars, and this one's shape really makes it look long and sleek. I'm not a fan of the front end of Chryslers of this vintage, but there's no denying this is one incredibly handsome car.

I was gonna mention the double white sidewalls, but I already knew the answer to all of that hubbub.

Guest Bill Heidemann

When I was a kid, I built a model like this from 2 VW beetles. It was pretty cool.

I just got the latest Hemmings Classic Cars today. There is an article about coachbuilt Chryslers and this car is pictured. The photo is much sharper and there does, indeed, seem to be a removable or hinged panel above the divider window for a chauffeurs retractable top of some sort