1938 90L INTERIOR PICTURES PLEASE?

DBT

Hi folks, need help - the interior of my 90L is not original and its time to change it. Ideally I'd like to bring it back to original as much as possible. Problem is I have no record of what that would look like. Does anyone have good pictures of their own interiors that I can use? Being a 90L doesnt help as there seem to be fewer around so am really struggling on carpet type, door cards, seat pattern etc.

All help greatfully received

Thanks

DT

Guest Grant Magrath

Oops!

Just saw you wanted a 38 pic. I think they have a 1938 one.

Cheers

Grant

I just wondered -do I recall reading somewhere that for certain years the McLaughlin-Buicks had slightly different interiors than US produced Buicks?

David,

Have you had any recent road trips with this car? I enjoyed reading about the last journey.

John

Have you been to 1937and1938buicks.com? In the old Torque Tubes posted online the are articles about 1938 Limiteds with photos that may help.

Also if you are a BCA member a new roster should be out soon and you can call fellow 90L owners.

Oh and basically I believe it should be a leather front seat and cloth rear seat and jump seats. Carpeted rear area, but front area had either rubber or carpet with rubber insert. I'd have to check the parts manual but this is one of the lesser known items on 37 38 Buicks. Door panel material cloth rears not sure about fronts on a 90L.

• 1 year later...

Brian

I saw your post about a 90L that was selling late last year. Did anyone get any interior pictures? The 90L interior seems to be the most under photographed part of any car on the internet!

Brian

I saw your post about a 90L that was selling late last year. Did anyone get any interior pictures? The 90L interior seems to be the most under photographed part of any car on the internet!

No I don't think I did save any photos of it.

Guest stevesbuicklimo

Hi David,i have a 36 Mclaughlin 90l don't know if they changed the interior trim in anyway but here a couple of pics from the inside of my car if it helps,,sorry they are a bit dark not he best of weather here in the uk:(

post-51574-143139062561_thumb.jpg

post-51574-143139062573_thumb.jpg

post-51574-143139062581_thumb.jpg

post-51574-14313906259_thumb.jpg

post-51574-143139062598_thumb.jpg

Dear DBT,

I found a '38 Buick 90-Series Limousine FS in the local shopper paper in Idaho in early 2011 and tried to get some of the Buick fans on the AACA Forums interested in it as soon as it came up for sale. The thread was actually on the Buick Buy/Sell Forum. No takers during a 9-week period...eventually was sold at the Silver Sun Valley Auctions, Fall, 2011.

Just checked -- all the pics are still up on the site. See Silver Auctions....Results....2011 Sun Valley.

Sounds like a great motorcar you have. Where did you find it, Singapore?

----Jeff

I just wondered -do I recall reading somewhere that for certain years the McLaughlin-Buicks had slightly different interiors than US produced Buicks?
From the few cars/image I have seen for 1939 McLaughlin-Buicks are different. Interior door trim is different: may be other differences as well. Australian GMH Buick production seems to follow the Canadian style of interior and not USA - Fisher

Jeff's post about the 38 90L in 2011 : http://forums.aaca.org/f117/1938-series-90-limited-limousine-298080.html

Silver Auctions Sold for $11,800

Silver Auctions Lot 63

David's car came from Sydney Australia:

Edited by 1939_buick
spelling (see edit history)

All the pics I have (thanks folks by the way for those) are of Buick not McLaughlin-Buick 90L. Could they be different? I ask as I was led to understand that the bodies for the 90 were all asembled in Flint and then trucked up to Oshawa to be joined to the chassis there. I'm attaching photos of my interior as whilst I see a lot of similarities I do also see some differences. I have put this down to the local resto done back in the 80s when the car was in Sydney, Australia.

Any McLaughlin 90 pics out there?

post-53817-143139069874_thumb.jpg

post-53817-143139069865_thumb.jpg

post-53817-143139069885_thumb.jpg

post-53817-143139069887_thumb.jpg

post-53817-143139069896_thumb.jpg

Have a look at the images here http://forums.aaca.org/f165/38-39-series-90-production-numbers-277673.html

These are UK cars so probably McLaughlins. I have the owners email if you need

Art's car as the other thread is a former stable mate of these magnificent cars

Edited by 1939_buick
spelling (see edit history)