Antique Tires ?

DCE

Is there any value in antique tires that have been stored inside and appear to be in good condition?

Does the rubber deteriorate over 60 to 80 years even if they have been stored inside?

Does anyone use original rubber on their vehicles?

Thanks,

Tires deteriorate fast. 5 year old tires have lost half their strength even if they have never been on a car.

On the other hand, I have a set of VW of Canada Golden Miler tires that I intend to use on my 1966 beetle even though they are 30 years old. I mean to mount them on a set of wheels and put them on the car for show, and have a different set of wheels with modern tires for everyday use.

So, it is possible that your tires will have value for a display even though they are unsafe to use on the road.

I had a storage tractor trailer and it had tires in it for 30-40 years (my grandfather had it and he died in 1983) the tires still looked ok, but, I would not risk it, they are old, I ended up getting rid of all of them!

Guest Foggy norm

Keeping in line with the thread, were interested in vintage tires. I have a set of lester's, use as scary rollers.