Up to speed

Guest Joe Burge

Guest Joe Burge

This is my first time to use this forum. So I hope I get this right!! I just resently got a 1936 Dodge LC pickup.(98 % original) I'm not in it for speed and I would like to keep it as original as possible, But, is there an after market rear end that can increase the speed, to say, oh , the speed limit?

Joe,

Welcome to the AACA Forum. Moved your query here from the "Forum Questions" which is for web site navigational problems, etc.

Regards,

Peter J.

Hit the go advanced button, scroll down to manage attachments and download from your comp. easier said than done right, welcome anyway, hop you find your answers

Guest DodgeKCL

1930 I'm just going to put in my own 2 cents worth and be more precise.

Joe: You can obviously get into the NEW REPLY so when you do scroll down to ATTACH FILES and left click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.

This will open a dialog box with a whole bunch of CHOOSE FILE bubbles. Left click on the 1st one and this site will go into your computer and open your DESKTOP or your DOCUMENTS. You can move back and forth between the 2 file areas or any area in your computer just like you normally do. When you see your photo(s),left click on one and it will appear in the OPEN area of the page from your computer. Left click on OPEN and it will move to this site in the CHOOSE FILE bubble. Left click on UPLOAD in the bubble to the right and this site will then move it from your home computer to here. You can scroll down and left click on it to see if you got the right file before hitting CLOSE THIS WINDOW. Sometimes it's wise to do that to see what this site actually grabbed from your computer. Once you close the window the photo is here in your NEW REPLY dialog box. If you want more photos brought here just repeat this or use more CHOOSE FILE bubbles during your visit. Each CHOOSE FILE bubble represents one photo or scan download.

Edited by DodgeKCL (see edit history)

Also if it wont download than it just means the pict. is too large. sometimes I run across that but most time somehow no matter how large my pics. are they seem to somehow get fixed. maybe somehow its done automatically for me.

Guest Joe Burge

I tried both methods from 1930 and dodge kcl and I come up with "the pocess can not be completed due to a security error. I think I will have to get my son to come in and show me. Thanks for the guidance and I will atemp to do this again.

Guest Knucklebuster

Awesome another trucker on here:)

Vintage auto parts has a few ring/pinion sets

lists for $230

Just have to look at axle then check it out on web.

LC was the later KC right?

3.90/4.10 is what they got. Still holler down the highway

but might be better than orig. No clue what ratio came in '37.

I have to open my pics with paint after getting from phone/camera onto pc. Then resize to 50% and save and they fit on here perfect.

Very pretty truck, the pics were much too large as they were to be downloaded directly here, I had to resize them, also keep in mind Joe that if you were to download them here you would have to send or attach them one at a time, I am thinking that maybe you tried attaching them as you sent them to me all in one clump.

Again a beutifull truck, I am jealous

post-48869-143138513501_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138513516_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138513527_thumb.jpg

Beautiful truck, Joe. After you get the photo thing worked out, I'd like to see some shots of the engine compartment.

My 1937 MC came with a 3.9 rear axle ratio. I was able to swap in a 1940 Chrysler Windsor 3.54 third member into my rear end.

To me, the best possible solution is to add an overdrive or put in a T5 transmission. George Asche sells refurbished MOPAR overdrives.

Man would I love a 3.54 center section for my 36 DB LC! Does anyone know if that 3rd member will fit in a 36? 1936 is the last year of the non-hypoid differential.

My guess is that you'd have to swap the whole rear axle. It would probably be more productive to put in an overdrive or a t5 5 speed.